Thread: Primal-approved UK brands? (for curries/sauces/condiments/etc.) page

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member

Primal-approved UK brands? (for curries/sauces/condiments/etc.)

Hey guys! Getting back on the PB wagon after a crazy last few months. Anyway, I'm in London (near Angel) for the semester.

I'm also a busy student. I do like to cook, but sometimes using pre-made sauces/condiments (like curries and whatnot) can save a lot of time. In the US I have a few brands that I stick to because they don't have crap in them.

Does the UK have any Primal-approved brands that would be available at Sainsbury's/Waitrose/M&S? I love Asian, Indian, and Italian.

I'm not evangelical about "Primal purity" -- in the States I do love Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond milk, but I try to keep things pretty clean.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I don't use pre-made things, but if you read the ingredients label it should tell you what is in there? Any mention of "oil" and it is bound to be a bad one full of omega 6!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't use many branded goods but a couple of the Jamie Oliver pasta sauces don't have any non-primal ingredients. Most pasta sauces have sunflower oil but the tomato and basil one and I think the red onion and rosemary one are olive oil only.

There are some gluten free curry sauces but they do have veg oil.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman