Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Primal Superfood page

HowToDieYoung is offline Junior Member

The Ultimate Primal Superfood

I have to say I have found the best ultimate primal superfood out there. Offal is amazing. I before would worry about getting all my vitamins and minerals but when I just had a few random pieces of sesos (brain), liver or beef heart, I would get optimal levels of the things most people miss in their diet. If you are looking for a great way to get those extra nutrients you must try offal. Does anyone have any unique recipets or preparations they would like to share. I wrote this in ode to my love for offal; it also discusses some of the benefits. http://howtodieyoung.blogspot.com/20...superfood.html

krassi is offline Member
    The only thing I've tried is beef liver and unfortunately it tastes quite disgusting, even with tons of spices and onion to try and mask it's flavour

It is hard to get used to at first. I prefer it cooked alright. I made a sausage from liver, spices and some ground nuts and it was delicious. I tried liver raw and it was AWFUL. It tastsed like metallic soap. Beef heart raw was quite tasty, however. If you are into that kind of thing.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by krassi View Post
    The only thing I've tried is beef liver and unfortunately it tastes quite disgusting, even with tons of spices and onion to try and mask it's flavour
    Really? Perhaps because I grew up eating liver, I find it to taste very good. I try to eat it 3-4 times a month. Lamb's liver is excellent especially marinaded with some olive oil and fresh mint then grilled. I do find chicken livers to be a touch strong but given some practice I'm sure my palate will come around to them.

I need to figure out how to make a decent steak and kidney pie, just without the pie part

Oh wow, I have some fresh mint. I will have to try that, sounds delicious. Thanks

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I found it gross the first time, not too bad the second, and I liked it on #3. I mixed it in some ground beef to help me with the transition and cooked it with onions and peppers. Now I'm a fan.

janagram is offline Senior Member
    bacon and liver ....its good.

Bacon and anything is a winning combination. Seriously, anything.

krassi is offline Member
    I might give the liver a second chance soon, i'm sure it's something I can get used to if I put my mind to it

Plus it's dirt cheap.

Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never had beef liver, but had calves liver a couple times. Made it the other day for lunch. I thought it was very tasty--kind of like a more tender flavorful steak.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast