Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Ultimate Primal Superfood page 5

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have eaten liver and offal all my life - thank you Grandma. I don't know about all this soaking and marinating though. I like my Ox liver fried till it's nice and tough and chewy :-)

For people who may not be into liver, start off with pate to develop a taste for it. Chicken livers are quite mild and go well added to chicken paprika dishes.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    I love liver. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but my body soaked it up. It nourishes me like nothing else I've tried. Too bad it's been more than a year since I last had it. Must get more! I liked it as liver and onions, with a side of sauerkraut. So. Good! And I like chicken liver pate. I like it in stuffed mushrooms! I'd add bacon if I ate pork.

I haven't had the courage to try anything else. Maybe marrow. And possibly kidney. Oh, I've also had heart- I love chicken and turkey hearts. Never tried beef heart. And I had lengua tacos once, but I thought they weren't that great. It was at a restaurant, maybe if I get my own tongue it would be better. Don't know if I could do sweet meats or brain.

Try this, you doubters! http://ediblearia.com/2009/07/23/not...er-and-onions/

Digby is offline Senior Member
    As to masking flavors: I recall reading that we taste things differently depending on number and density of taste buds. Some people are super tasters, as indeed most children are, and can be put off be strong flavors such as broccoli or kidneys and liver. If the " masking" is good primal food, I don't see that as an issue. Plus, we change with time and experimentation. I hated asparagus when I was a child and teen, not till I went to college did I learn that asparagus could be delicious when not over-cooked. If a few tweeks get people to try more good primal foods they will benefit and in time get more adventurous with offal-- and lots of foods thet may have thought awful.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Supersonic is offline Member
    Don't over cook liver. Coat your pan with coconut oil, and drop the liver pieces and let it simmer until brown and repeat other side. Put on your plate, spritz it with lemon, sprinkle some black pepper on it and throw some greens in there and voila! Enjoy!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love liver, beef liver, calf liver, venison liver and of course chicken liver. I grew up eating liver and would eat chicken liver like other kids ate candy.
    Georgette

HonuRacer is offline Senior Member
    Rabbit kidneys are fantastic... they don't need long prep time. Cut in half, soak in cold water for an hour. Rinse, dry. Fried in either duck fat or light-tasting bacon fat with salt & pepper ... OMG!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I eat my chicken liver pate off a spoon, or dipped with pork rinds.

Stizzorm is offline Junior Member
    Yes, offal is full of goodness. I've noticed liver can ramp up a lagging libido, and it does other good things, too. I think the most important thing with liver is that it SUCKS if you overcook it. I'd opt for no higher degree of doneness than "medium."

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I love liver, beef liver, calf liver, venison liver and of course chicken liver. I grew up eating liver and would eat chicken liver like other kids ate candy.
    hahahahah so did i when my mom made chicken i got so excited b/c i got to have the liver!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345