Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Primal Superfood page 2

peacheater is offline Member
    I got some calf liver this time at the grocery store and am looking forward to trying this recipe:
    http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipe...s#post-comment

It sounds like it's going to be delicious!

nutritionut is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing. Nice blog too. I like the Ronald McDonald touch. I'm in Houston. I moved here about six months ago, and I am anxious to make more Primal friends. If you're ever in the area...

www.nutritionut.wordpress.com

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I like pork hearts quite a lot. Spice em, (stuff herbs in them), brown them in a pot, throw in some chopped onions and mushrooms and then add coarsely chopped carrots and some broth/stock to cover the veggies, letting that baby cook under a lid for an hour or two. Then I add some whipping cream for the finish.

Now my mouth is watering.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    I love beef liver. I could eat it raw. (Really....I can but I usually cook it).

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I like Mario Batali's liver recipe. Just substitute almond meal for the flour (not too much!) and be careful not to overcook.

http://www.vealrecipes.com/tag/mario-batali/

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Calves liver is milder, but the key to offal or game meats is to marinate overnight in white wine or milk; toss out the milk after use, save wine for sauce. Dry the liver on paper towels. In heavy skillet or dutch over, cook 1/2 pound bacon, set aside, cook sliced onion (1medium) in grease, set aside. Coat liver slices with coconut flour (salt & pepper) by shaking in a bag, then cook in bacon grease about 3 min per side. Don't over cook. Put on plate, top with bacon and onion. I like to serve with turnip greens, or some othet sharp green. Try this and you won't regret it. I have converted several liver haters. Liver is just about the most perfect food.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    While looking for something Offal I came across these videos and info site.

Pig head, ears and brains
    offalgood.com

peril is offline Senior Member
    I usually have offal curry for breakfast. I use recipes from Charmaine Solomon's Indian Cookery for Pleasure or I adapt other curry recipes. Have returned from the butcher this morning with a beef tongue and veal liver. Thinking of using a Rendang Daging recipe to cook the tongue and throw in the sliced liver for the last few minutes
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    I got all brave this morning and wanted to try a recipe for chicken livers, but guess what? No liver of any kind at the store, zzz.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Well, then there was Sir Douglas Mawson, who nearly died of Vit A overdose from eating dog liver in his epic survival trek in Antarctica. Neither of his two human travelling companions nor any canine ones fared as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast