Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droopy Eye page

JenCat is offline Senior Member

Droopy Eye

Primal Fuel
    Very strange. Two nights ago, my husband noticed that my right eyelid was drooping. I hadn't noticed. It is still drooping this morning. Yesterday my eye hurt off and on. I've had a headache for over a week - comes and goes - which may or may not be related. I'm trying to get a hold of my eye doctor, but thought I'd see if anyone here had any thoughts. I did a little digging online, but stopped myself. It can be something pretty serious, and I don't want to freak myself out.

apple is offline Senior Member
    Is it just the eyelid drooping? If that's the only part of your face you can see that is affected, probably start off at your eye doctor to rule out eye infection. Wear your glasses until then (if you usually wear contacts) until you know it's not infected.

If the eye doc can't rule anything out, ask for a referral to a neurologist. I don't want to freak you out either, but they'd probably give you a CT or MRI, so be prepared for that.

Good luck, I hope you find that nothing is serious
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Thanks, Apple. I'm wearing my glasses today. I was able to get in on Monday with the eye doctor. I guess he's not overly alarmed, so might as well relax about it until then.

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Go to your GP or eye doc... a friend of mine had this happen last winter and it "turned into" (or turned out to be?) Bell's Palsy and the entire side of her face was temporarily paralyzed. But it started with her eye. Not sure if they can prevent BP from occuring, but it's worth a shot.

Best ofl uck!

krassi is offline Member
    Dropping of an eyelid, technical word is ptosis, can suggest a problem with the oculumotor nerve, which is the cranial nerve that controls the muscle used to raise the eyelid.

I don't know, it may be nothing and it may be something. With the headaches and eye pain too.. don't want to freak you out but if I were you I'd see a doctor immediately.

Can't get to the eye doctor until Monday. I don't have a family doc. I found one here on the forum and have been meaning to make an appointment. Tried this morning, but they didn't seem to know if they took my insurance. I couldn't get United's site to see if he's on the plan. I do know an opthamologist (retired) who was, apparently well-known in the field. When Reagan was in office, this was the guy on call if anything were to happen to his eyes. May check in with him.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely find an Opthamologist. A regular eye doctor may still refer you to one. If you can't get into an opthamologist, go to an urgent care or ER just to rule out anything major. My theory is never mess with the eyes.
    Georgette

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Go to a doctor, even if its a doc in a box. It's nothing to mess with.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Just another thought, are you applying anything to your eyelids? I was moisturizing with jojoba oil and put some on my eyelids several days in a row and my eyelids swelled up making one look droopy.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    I also think you should see a doc right away. Headache + neurologic symtpoms = see doc ASAP.

Pea

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast