Thread: Eating more, sleeping more, less productive, more tired page

elektro is offline Member

Eating more, sleeping more, less productive, more tired

Shop Now
    Been on this for 2 weeks. Lost some weight, eating great food, but my appetite has skyrocketed. I eat constantly. I can't sit still anymore, I'm always running to the kitchen to grab a snack even though I have a big meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner + lots of snacks and shakes. The fatty foods don't seem to tide me over any better, I usually just crave more of them. I also find myself oversleeping a lot more and being exhausted all the time. My productivity has also gone down dramatically. I almost feel like a stoner, all I want to do is eat, sleep and watch TV. My energy levels are really low. I've cut carbs out before and at first had a slight adjustment, but wasn't sleepy all the time like this. Anyone else have this happen?

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    might help if u give some parameter .. age, sex, weight, exericise and what u are typically eating ...

in one sense u have carb flu - ie lethargy, lack of mental acuity/focus which i had for 2 weeks ..
    but the constant snacking im not so sure about - are u eating enuff for B/L/D ?

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    yeh. definitely helps if you provide: Age, Sex, Weight & Height (if u feel comfortable with that), exercise level.
    Track a day of eating using www.fitday.com to monitor your fat: protein: carbohydrate percentages, and also provide the amount of grams of carbohydrates consumed.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like "carb flu" to me, which lasts up to a month for some. Mine hit me during my second week of PB and it was a lot like that. I felt ravenous, tired and very "out of it" at all times. Roll with it for a bit. Do some short, intense heavy lifting sessions so you don't have to feel guilty about eating so much. It should even out. You could also try eating larger meals. Don't be afraid to eat what it takes to keep you from feeling the need to snack.

This is assuming your diet is on point.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 02-04-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Male, mid 30s, 6-5, 210lbs. I do weights 2 times a week, cardio 1-2 times a week, yoga twice a week, and a lot of walking. I eat a lot, get a lot of fat, calories, a good mix of meats, veggies, ect.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    Male, mid 30s, 6-5, 210lbs. I do weights 2 times a week, cardio 1-2 times a week, yoga twice a week, and a lot of walking. I eat a lot, get a lot of fat, calories, a good mix of meats, veggies, ect.
    How long and what effort level is the 'cardio'? My guess is that is causing you the issues. You could try no cardio or only a very short sprint session for a few weeks whilst your body adjusts. At 6 5 and 210 lbs you are not particularly overweight (I wouldn't have thought Art De Vany is around 200 lbs at 6foot plus) and if already well muscled your caloric requirements will be sizeable compared with say a 5 5 female weighing 130 lbs!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like winter to me.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
    Sounds like "carb flu" to me, which lasts up to a month for some.
    This. Carb addiction can be hell when you're kicking it.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

I seriously feel like I'm in a haze. I have no energy anymore, I am sleepy all day long and am slacking off on all my work big time. This sucks, it feels like depression, but it started very soon after I went primal. Hope it goes away soon.

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member
    Don't fret; be patient, elektro. It took me at least a month to adjust because I was a constant carb snacker before I went primal. I was dead on my feet for those 4 weeks, but gradually I adapted and now I can never look back.

This is a lifestyle change. It will take time for your body to adjust.