Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall page 2

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How awesome is Cedar Point? We're only 5 minutes from the gate Lucky us!
    My wife is so jealous (she grew up in Berea near Cleveland). I'll bet you guys have a season pass.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soil To Sustenance View Post
    My wife is so jealous (she grew up in Berea near Cleveland). I'll bet you guys have a season pass.
    No season passes (waiting til the kids get a bit older), but my husband gets $10 tix @ work. Nice!

Tell your wife, I went to Baldwin-Wallace and know Berea well
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    My wife (Jenny) says "Go Yellow Jackets!"

It's Sunday; I rested

Consider This My Lesson Learned

Today I made cheesecake for my husband's birthday. I used 1/4c honey in it, and smothered it in pureed blueberries. Here comes the bad part...I also made whipped cream. Why? Oh, I don't know. At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. I made REAL whipped cream...powdered sugar and all...

I feel sick. Really sick. Please revert to sentence #1.

I think I"ll fast tomorrow. It's been about a month since I've done a whole 24 hr fast, and after tonight's little binge, I figure it's about time.

Today's Menu:

B: Kombucha, 2 pieces of bacon
    L: Couple pieces of ham and some pepper jack; 1/2 an orange
    D: Roasted chicken, cauli-mashed potatoes, and the dreaded cheesecake.

Forecast For Tomorrow:
    Wake up, work out, don't eat. Sleep. Actually, I probably will have my morning kombucha...it's part of my ritual

Consider My Goal for Today (pictures) an Epic Fail.
    I didn't even look.
    Results Pics:

Just Checking In

Hour 25 of fasting. I'll easily make it until morning. What's the longest you've fasted?
    Results Pics:

Paleobird Guest
    Minds wandering to happy places are a good thing.

I keep stevia around for friends these days but I never feel the desire to use it myself. I think, after a while on Primal, your taste buds sort of re-set to where stevia tastes just too intense.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    Just Checking In

Hour 25 of fasting. I'll easily make it until morning. What's the longest you've fasted?
    I do 24 hrs fasts quite often maybe 3-4 times a week. I do from dinner one night to dinner the next but don't really count the hours all that carefully.

Blast From the Past
    I keep a stash of old measurements. Body measurements. While this might sound really weird, I find it quite motivating to look back and see how far I've come. For instance, 3 years ago, I was 28.5lbs heavier than I am now. Wowza. The sad part is, I got skinnier, then heavier, then skinner, then heavier yet again. So much for CW dieting and exercise. I ran and ran and ran. At first I lost 15lbs. Then nothing. So I ran some more. Nothing. Quit running for the season (getting cold out!), chowed down some Thanksgiving dinner, and 4 days later started the Primal Blueprint. I've been losing ever since. I'm glad 3 years from now I won't be looking back in disgust :/ Honestly, though, I can't wait for warmth and sunshine~especially since I'll be looking forward to my short, intense runs, instead of dreading them like the old long, slow ones. Does anyone see any reason it would be dumb of me to sign up for a 5k this spring? It's only 3 miles, and it's not like I have to train my rear off. I see no harm. Thoughts? Really, I'm just in it for the free t-shirt and door prizes

On to my day:

How Long Did the Fast Last?
    38 hours

And the rest of my day looked like this:
    B: Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps (un-freakin-believably good after a 38 hour fast!)
    L: Deviled Egg, a few almonds
    D: Roasted Turkey, carrots, garlicky green beans, mashed cauliflower & cream cheese

Best. Turkey. Ever. for dinner tonight. Super juicy, and perfectly seasoned. I <3 Martha Stewart! Plus, I have plenty left over for soup or "turkey salad" (like the chicken stuff I had for breakfast...damn, that was tasty, too!)

I'm really excited to make these gyoza's on Thursday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lBy8kOD78E. Has anyone tried these? The look scrumptious!

No real workout today--a few pull-ups (negatives) here and there as I passed the bar. Most of my day has been spent cooking~my house smells like Thanksgiving <3

Time for some cuddles with my babes, cleaning up the kitchen, reading my book, and sleep.

Oh, and my favorite "nothing-to-do-with-Primal-but-I-think-it's-funny" quote of the day comes from my husband: "No self-respecting man watches Glee...unless he's glay."
    Results Pics:

Red face Pictures!

I chickened out and edited my post. I promise to post "before" and "afters" when I'm satisfied with the "after!"

Today's Menu:
    B: Chicken Salad, scoop of coconut oil, peppermint tea
    L: Nada.
    D: "Primal" Pizza w/ the works. Delicious to the last banana pepper.
    S: 2 squares 86% chocolate. Ahhhh...heaven.

I've been feeling hungry. I eat a lot of fat...I'm thinking I need to up my veg intake. I was doing awesome for a while with BAS every day, but it's been too freakin' cold for rabbit food :/ I'll try harder. Meanwhile, I DO have some squash and parsnips to cook up. Those always leave me feeling toasty

Another problem? I spend far too much time sitting here reading the forums. I need to set up an internet schedule and actually stick to it. I could be getting in some quality slow moving, dammit! Oy, time to get of my ass. before it turns into that "before" picture again
    Last edited by Mandolin; 02-12-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Delete pics
    Results Pics:

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Well done! That is some serious progress there. Lookin' hot girl.

I know what you mean about thighs having some daylight between them. I'm finding recently that my thighs don't rub together anymore when I walk making my shorts ride up and bunch up between them. We need to celebrate these small victories on the way to perfection.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast