Thread: Daily Salad page

Eric5105 is offline Member

Daily Salad

Primal Fuel
    I started a new challenge for myself last Saturday. I know that a lot of people are doing that whole 30 day challenge, so I decided to come up with my own challenge. I am eating a huge salad everyday this month. This personal challenge is to help me explore the world of vegetables and hopefully learn some new recipes for the future. So far, its doing wonders for my blood pressure and I feel great overall.

Any ideas for recipes or how to make a better primal salad? So far, I'm just eating organic salad greens, eggs, carrots, broccoli, and whatever meats I have ready.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I have a salad pretty much every day for lunch. I usually use spinach, avocados, hard boiled eggs, olives, shredded bacon, sometimes chicken, and I always use extra virgin olive oil as dressing. If I am going for a heavy workout or sprinting, I will add half an apple to my salads.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Branch out from traditional salad greens, and even from greens which are traditionally eaten raw. My salads include raw mustard greens, kale, escarole, and so forth. The raw mustard greens are my fave! Fresh herb leaves are great too.

Consider growing sprouts. They're so nutritious and it's nice to have something home grown when it's not garden season. I use an Easy Sprout. I love broccoli, mustard, radish, and onion sprouts the best.

Prep everything at the beginning of the week and bag it all up in Debbie Meyer's Green Bags or similar. It'll stay fresh longer.

Pureed avocado makes a great dressing base and the monounsaturated fat will keep you full.

Love Salad Elegant spice from Penzey's. I use it liberally.

I actually like to focus my salads on veggies. I love my bacon as much as the next girl but I prefer to leave it out and learn to appreciate raw veg.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    You can make yourself some hot salads too. They are sort of like a stirfry, using wilted spinach leaves or kale leaves with tomatoes, onions, olives, eggplant, meat of some kind, bacon...