Thread: need help with doctors page

john b is offline Junior Member

need help with doctors

Shop Now
    long story short...m 42 primal for a year down 60 lbs to a fit and trim 200lbs at 6'1.......love primal lifestyle wont change it for a thing.........4 yrs ago was told i have high bp...been battling it without meds for all of that time up until december....december of 2010 with no change in lifestyle ,diet or anything else my bp took off and hasnt looked back..........i'm on 3 diff meds and have had battery after battery of tests all negative so far.......here is my problem.......every doctor i go to, frowns upon my primal diet and tells me its no good too much fat,no whole grains blah blah blah one doctor looked at a bmi chart and told me i'm overweight lol....i try to talk to them but they just don't get it........i've switched doctors 3x because of this and each time i have to start from scratch n go thru the same tests again and i feel like its compromising my healthy by switching so much.........i know without question my primal diet is helping not hurting my health but i'm getting barraged by docs and their misinformation and its weighing on me........anyone who can offer any advice on this (both my bp and dealing with docs) would be much appreciated thank you

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you been checked for renal artery stenosis? This can cause secondary hypertension without any other real symptoms.

http://www.nephrologychannel.com/ras/index.shtml

ETA: also - have you tried magnesium and potassium supplements?

john b is offline Junior Member
    thanks for reply i had a kidney sonogram and i believe that was one of the things they checked me for, but i wil ask my nephrologist next visit.....yes i have tried those supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Have you been checked for renal artery stenosis? This can cause secondary hypertension without any other real symptoms.

http://www.nephrologychannel.com/ras/index.shtml

ETA: also - have you tried magnesium and potassium supplements?