Thread: Homemade Primal Mayonnaise and BBQ Sauce

Homemade Primal Mayonnaise and BBQ Sauce

Shop Now
    Has anyone made the recipes on The Daily Apple for Primal Mayonnaise and BBQ Sauce? I am unable to find pasteurized eggs in my area and don't feel comfortable using a regular (even though organic and free range) egg in the mayo. Can anyone please give me suggestions or let me know what has worked for them? I know I could try to pasteurize the egg myself but I have never done that and it seems time consuming. Also, how did the BBQ sauce turn out if anyone has tried that? Thank you very much! =)

The lemon juice in mayo effectively " cooks" the eggs like lime juice in ceviche. Use organic eggs if possible. I've made mayo for years.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Thanks Digby! Does anyone else have condiment recipes they could share that are really good and easy to make at home for BBQ sauce and mayo? Thanks!

Rinse the egg with water right before cracking it -- the shell is where the salmonella will reside, if any.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
    Rinse the egg with water right before cracking it -- the shell is where the salmonella will reside, if any.
    Thank you Orchid! =)