Thread: Off to the Quacks tomorrow - test ideas?? page

timbrownson is offline Member

Off to the Quacks tomorrow - test ideas??

I want to rule out everything else so I can concentrate on the adrenal fatigue. I'm going to ask for the usual battery of normal tests such as testosterone, T3 & T4 etc that have been coming back normal for 25 years.

Jeez, yes it has been that long since I first complained to a doctor of fatigue!

I'll also ask him to test my D levels and inquire about saliva testing for cortisol, but I suspect that I'll have to arrange that online myself.

Any other tests you think would be worthwhile that won't be routine for a 48 year old guy?

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Iron.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

timbrownson is offline Member
    I have hemochromatosis so my iron is regularly monitored and I have iron rich blood drained off every so often.

They actually throw it away and I have often wondered why they don't save it and give it to some poor soul that needs a transfusion and has an iron deficiency. Two birds with one stone ;-)

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrownson View Post
    I have hemochromatosis so my iron is regularly monitored and I have iron rich blood drained off every so often.

They actually throw it away and I have often wondered why they don't save it and give it to some poor soul that needs a transfusion and has an iron deficiency. Two birds with one stone ;-)
    It is a damn shame is what it is. The red cross decided that since you get a benefit from donating blood, they can not accept your blood because then you might lie about other things. So instead of you getting your blood drawn for free and being given to people who need it (and anyone who needs a transfusion, except for you maybe, needs extra iron to help replenish their blood supply) your wonderful EXTRA useful blood is thrown away while people go begging for blood. Seriously, why cant they accept it if you have it drawn under a doctors care and still have to pay? Then you get no financial benefit at least. Stupidity. You are probably some really useful blood type too.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

jammies is offline Senior Member
    B12. Maybe CRP or ESR to see if you have any chronic inflammation.

If you have continue to have fatigue and don't find a cause, you may want to try a low lectin version of PB. No eggs, coffee, dairy, nightshades, or nuts for a month or so to see if you improve. Then add each group back one at a time to see if you are impacted. This helped me immensely.

kandc88 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrownson View Post
    I want to rule out everything else so I can concentrate on the adrenal fatigue. I'm going to ask for the usual battery of normal tests such as testosterone, T3 & T4 etc that have been coming back normal for 25 years.

Jeez, yes it has been that long since I first complained to a doctor of fatigue!

I'll also ask him to test my D levels and inquire about saliva testing for cortisol, but I suspect that I'll have to arrange that online myself.

Any other tests you think would be worthwhile that won't be routine for a 48 year old guy?
    Maybe you have it posted elsewhere, but are there symptoms to go along with the labs? Maybe Thyroid Antibodies?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I concur about the inflammation markers, vitamin D.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates