Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much Coffee Do You Drink? page

Grok is offline Senior Member

How Much Coffee Do You Drink?

Shop Now
    I used to drink coffee every day before going primal, but I found that I didn't really need it once I started my Grokish lifestyle.

I was really surprised to read that Mark downs a giant cup every morning. Does he really need it? Doesn't his diet provide him with the energy he needs?

Last week I got a Venti iced coffee with an add shot at Starbucks and I was so wired I felt uncomfortable all morning. I also have recently read a report of someone dying from eating powdered caffeine in large doses.

I'm just really shocked that Mark drinks a giant cup every morning. I thought it was once or twice a week for him. Even in his book he says coffee is something to take in moderation. I don't think a giant cup every morning is moderation.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i can't speak to what his needs are, but at the very least, it seems to me that he enjoys coffee, and that's enough of a reason to have it in my book.

that being said, i don't drink coffee and never have. i do not like the taste.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I used to do about 4 cups a day with skim milk.
    Then I quit cold turkey for about 2 solid months.
    Now I have about 2 cups per day, one with coconut milk.

I rarely drink coffee on weekends.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I don't think a giant cup every morning is moderation.
    I do, but that's relative to people I see who need to drink it all day to keep up their energy.

I drink one big mug (about 16 oz) every morning. That's it. Since I've pretty much cut out diet sodas, it's an extremely rare day that I'll have any caffeine after my morning dose. I could probably do without it but I like the taste, I like the ritual, I just like it.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I've been experimenting with eliminating it. I used to have a double espresso in the morning and sometimes tea in the afternoon. After starting PB I was finding I was having a hard time going to sleep at a good hour. I dropped the tea. Then I dropped to a single espresso. This week, I haven't had any. I feel fine. I seem to be doing a little better with getting to bed on time, too. We'll see. Since I'm not eating sugar or artificial sweeteners, I don't enjoy it as much. I like my coffee with a little bit of sweetness.

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 16z mugs every morning. I get up at 4:45 and I am out the door by 5 for a 3 1/2 mile walk. I get home and do the coffee and newspaper ritual. That is the only caffiene i ever consume. I pretty much stop drinking it by 8 AM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I drink coffee because I like the taste. I typically drink it black but since starting PB I've found I have trouble getting fat in me so I have about 1/3 of a cup of hwc in it and that helps me get more fat in my diet. I typically have 1 12oz cup with hwc and periodically if I'm cold I will have it black after that. I tried coconut milk and I don't like that as much in my coffee. Looked more like an oil slick with the coconut milk.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Nada.

However, compared to the amount of coffee my father drinks, one large cup is in moderation.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't touch the stuff except for an Americano from Fourbucks once in a blue moon. Tea, on the other hand, is a different animal. I go through 2-4 20 oz mugs a day of that. Granted, I generally reuse the same leaves all day, but it's still tea.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I LOOOOVE coffee, and I think my two cups a day is totally moderate. I don't NEED it, I enjoy it. I love the sound of the water burbling in the machine, and the aroma wafting from it. I close my eyes in rapture as I wrap my hands around the warm mug and inhale the hot steam. When I'm by myself, I even like to make that obnoxious slurpy noise ending with "...AHHHH!" It's a totally sensuous experience, and I shake my head at you for having the audacity to even suggest that something is wrong with it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast