Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I only fall asleep on fat page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

I only fall asleep on fat

I cant sleep when i am not in ketosis. i took myself out of ketosis sunday and havent slept since. i never made the connection, but the last 4 nights i have not slept...at all. got bags under my eyes, look like crap etc....i cannot slow down my body or mind when i am not running on fat... esp saturated LCFA fat

i never made the connection to my brain running on fat and my sleep. now i get it, but it seems opposite to what most people say.

anyone got any information?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    yeah.... sounds like a problem.

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    I cant sleep when i am not in ketosis. i took myself out of ketosis sunday and havent slept since. i never made the connection, but the last 4 nights i have not slept...at all. got bags under my eyes, look like crap etc....i cannot slow down my body or mind when i am not running on fat... esp saturated LCFA fat

i never made the connection to my brain running on fat and my sleep. now i get it, but it seems opposite to what most people say.

anyone got any information?
    IDK Mal, but when I first get IN ketosis, I sleep like hell.

Like....2-3 hours a night for the first week.

So I'm officially ZERO help.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if it is more the CHANGE than specifically ketosis or not ketosis. Any change in your body chemistry can temporarily f' with your sleep.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    The bad thing is, I saw your thread title, and immediately thought to let you borrow BS for use as a pillow. Apparently I'm a bad, bad fiancee.

Lots of hits on google for people asking the same thing, or the opposite, but haven't found any answers.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    The bad thing is, I saw your thread title, and immediately thought to let you borrow BS for use as a pillow.
    Now, that is comedy.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    yeah i cant explain it, but i am ungodly wired right now trying to spoon coconut oil in my mouth so i can get some sleep tonight

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    The only speculation I have is that taking yourself out of ketosis, which means increasing your carb intake, has your body thinking its obviously spring (i.e mating season).

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Is there anything going on in your life currently that could be an underlying cause psychologically? Even the smallest things could weigh heavy in the unconscious mind.

Valarauko is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    but the human brain runs exclusively on glucose - the blood brain barrier protects sees to that. In Ketosis your liver is providing all that glucose. Maybe in your case the livers glucose is what your brain desires the most and out of Ketosis with more other carb derived glucose in the mix your brain doesnt like it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast