Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some opinions page 2

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIMAL_COP View Post
    Then about 6 months ago I started reading MDA and started feeling like the Movnat I was doing might be borderline chronic cardio.
    Cardio is a bit of a misnomer.

I bought the Primal Blueprint and started on the primal diet and exercise program. Im religious about my sprints and have been doing regular slow movement exercise and good LHT workouts..
    My general understanding of sprints and LHT is they're suppose to condition anaerobic metabolism (Cori Cycle) which then drives aerobic metabolism (Krebs Cycle). The purpose of the slow movement is to minimize injury and because muscles can generate more force when contracting slowly.

Part of my slow movement exercise is heavy bag work standing and ground work with a grappling dummy.

Now 2 weeks ago I again had to teach and entry level ground defense class and eventhough my strength still seemed to be ok after the first 5 minutes I was completely gassed.
    Sounds like perhaps your training with the grappling dummy didn't make you metabolically stronger, and those exercises turned into your skills training at the expense of your defense class skills.

I am not sure what I am missing here but I really like the concept of the Primal Blueprint and Im one of those guys that when I start a program I like to do it to the letter. So I guess my long winded question here is does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about my loss of endurance in this case.
    It helps to understand what's going on metabolically. That is, knowing the intent may be more important than following the letter. LHT to get metabolically stronger for health. Use the increased strength to improve at your functional skills for your work and fun.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Has it been awhile since your previous entry level ground defense class? If it has maybe you just need to get re-conditioned for it. For me personally I work out 6 days a week and I run hill sprints once per week as well as interval running once per week. But when I started playing full court basketball again I was gassed relatively quick even though I felt like I would be in better basketball shape. (I haven't played full court basketball for over a year at this point) After a few more full court basketball sessions though it became easier. I follow a really strict paleo lifestyle as well not because of weight issues but because I had bad allergies which it helped me control. One thing you may consider is if you are going to teach a class maybe have a little bit more carbs pre-workout.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12