Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Chocolate Question page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Dark Chocolate Question

Primal Fuel
    What kind of dark chocolate do you buy? I have some from Trader Joe's. It's 70% but the ingredients are: Belgian chocolate liquor, sugar, and soy lecithin. That is not primal. I have looked at ingredients on a lot of dark chocolate and none seem to be just dark chocolate ...unless it's raw cacao nibs.

Any suggestions?... I really wanted a piece of chocolate, but don't want to eat the one I have. Guess I will be having a spoonful of cacao nibs.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Scharffen Berger 99%

Heaven. Nothing but cocoa beans and a bit of vanilla bean.

... the spoonful of cacao nibs was just a little too bitter for me. Hmmm... maybe I could heat some cream and cacao nibs.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Some forum members are into pure chocolate. I am not. The amount of sugar in one or a few 85%+ squares isn't going to hurt you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

chowza is offline Member
    I recently got into this stuff--it's really good, and the ingredient list looks pretty favorable (i.e., no soy lecithin) compared to a lot of the other dark chocs out there: http://www.vivani.de/P_USA_Bitter_85.html
    Check out my blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Scharffen Berger 99%

Heaven. Nothing but cocoa beans and a bit of vanilla bean.
    Yum... thank you! Guess my chocolate craving will wait until tomorrow. I was dissatisfied with my dinner and now I want something.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Some forum members are into pure chocolate. I am not. The amount of sugar in one or a few 85%+ squares isn't going to hurt you.
    Yes, I'm not there. It tastes like horrible bitter yuck to me. 85% is just on the edge and fabulous. I like the Lindt execellence because it has no soy or anything weird, and it's in my price range for an everyday treat. I think for a special treat I'll try the Green and Black stuff.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    E Guittard Nocturne. 91%.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

I usually buy Lindt 90% or E. Guitard 91%.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    E Guittard Nocturne. 91%.
    Yes!
    Ancestral Health Info

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast