Thread: Brown Cow yogurt page

dromos is offline Member

Brown Cow yogurt

Does anyone know if it's made from grass-fed cows' milk? It doesn't say anywhere on the label or their website, so I'm assuming it's not. I love their full-fat plain yogurt but I'm reluctant to buy it because I'm unsure about this.

I've been eating a lot of Wallaby plain low fat yogurt because it comes from pasture-based farms and is cheap, but they don't offer a full-fat variety. It's a damn shame because the low-fat version sure is tasty; I can only imagine what a full fat version would taste like.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i doubt it's grass fed. if you can get seven stars brand, iirc it is grass-fed and is pretty yummy. alternatively, the brown cow yogurt works really well as a yogurt starter, and the resulting yogurt is thick like brown cow.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Erivan and Hawthorne Valley are the two best that I know of. Seven Stars is good, but not quite the taste or quality of these two unique yogurt products.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If anyone lives in the Philadelphia area try to find Pequea Valley Farms Yogurt - it is excellent - grassfed antibiotic-free hormone-free. I know it's available as far from Philly as Chambersburg PA because Trickling Springs Dairy distributes it. An internet search may turn up other sources. There is a store near Chesapeake City, MD that carries it and the farmers market in Middletown, DE. This stuff has the cream on top when you first open it.