Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macadamia Nuts page

Balance is offline Senior Member

Macadamia Nuts

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After reading todays MDA I started to really crave Macadamia nuts. I haven't had them in awhile but I would like to add them as snacks. I want to buy them raw (no salt or extra flavorings) and in bulk sizes since its normally cheaper. I normally buy almonds or walnuts from Costco but I never noticed them selling Macadamia nuts. Where do you guys get your supply of macadamia nuts? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I buy them (raw/shelled on) in my local supermarket. I like them, and Hazelnuts, because they are lower in omega 6's compare to other nuts, but they still have a fair amount of omega 6's. Have them as a snack, but just don't go crazy.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    +1

I did find macadamia nut oil at a specialty grocer the other day, but it was not organic and still something like $18 for less than a pint. =8O

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I am also wondering where to buy raw macadamia nuts. Does Trader Joe's carry them?

MyBodyMyTemple is offline Senior Member
    I read on here nuts cause inflammation. Do macadamia nuts cause inflammation as well? Or mainly almonds?

Quote Originally Posted by MyBodyMyTemple View Post
    I read on here nuts cause inflammation. Do macadamia nuts cause inflammation as well? Or mainly almonds?
    Almonds, walnuts and macadamia nuts are your best bet when it comes to nut consumption. Those are the ones that Mark recommends in his book since it has a better O3:O6 ratio compared to other nuts. Peanuts are the most common nuts to eat but they can cause inflammation and tend to be high on the allergy scale for a lot of people.

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Amazon.com sells them....you can get anyone on Amazon.

Thanks for the responses. I am going to try Trader Joes tomorrow and if I don't have much luck I will look online.

@cavewoman cafe - Maybe that's why I am craving them since it reminds me of good times in Hawaii

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    tj's had them a year ago!

we used to make dark chocolate mac and coconut 'turtles.' sometimes, i would add goji berries too. yummy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast