Thread: loved bittman's column in the NYT page

janie is offline Senior Member

loved bittman's column in the NYT

Primal Fuel
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...pagemode=print

I think I'll mail copies to my senators..................

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i shared n FB

will do the same!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Who decides which foods are "unhealthful"? Some of his items are good but some are downright dangerous. Would you be happy to have saturated fats taxed?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Roach is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate Bittman's passion. But why is more (or slightly different) State regulation always the remedy prescribed for problems that are induced or magnified by The State? Why not just remove the subsidies and regulations that have caused this sorry state of affairs to come about and replace them with...nothing? Maybe that would lead to a more harmonious system of food production, distribution, and consumption.

Well...Mark did...and we do everyday. I'd be happy to see 99.9% of his recommendations implemented. He's going after frankenfoods, subsidies to big grain industries and the insanity at the USDA. I'm all for that! (BTW, I saw no mention of taxing saturated fat.)

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Why not just remove the subsidies and regulations that have caused this sorry state of affairs to come about and replace them with...nothing?
    The article asks for one set of subsidies (I like to call them distortions) for another. This is how we got to where we are to begin with. Nothing, we need a lot more nothing. You can write to your senators until the grain fed cows come home; the only letters that really matter are the ones written on campaign contribution checks.