Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm seein' it! page

Patrick is offline Senior Member

Now I'm seein' it!

Shop Now
    Well, yesterday (or maybe the day before) I stopped in front of my bathroom mirror (the only mirror I have) and thought "Jesus. It's working! Wooo!" For the first time, I'm actually seeing body recomposition and I can see the leanness I've built. I've never really had any visible muscle, so it's novel for me! More importantly, perhaps, I can clearly see the outline of the serious leanness that is coming in the next few months (weeks?). It felt so weird. I thought that must be how ice or statue sculptors feel when they look at a block of ice/stone and what they want to create is simply apparent to them.

The things that have made the biggest difference? Eating fewer veggies (I must only be around 15-30g carbs/day for the last 2 weeks), up'ing fat intake and most importantly skipping breakfast and working out in a fasted state. Last week I could do 1 pull-up unassisted. Now I can do 4 in a row, break for three min, do 3 in a row, break, and 2 more (sometimes get a 3rd in). It's pretty fucking sweet. I'd hit such a plateau there for a while. I think I have to thank Cheapo for introducing me to SimpleFit. It's kicking ass! I can't wait to alternate with some sandbag stuff from Coach Palfrey. (I just need to finish removing some sand and taping the damn bag back up. Damn 30kg Canuck sandbags...)

Sep waist: 37 or 38"
    Now: 33 or 34". I'm almost where I was at in high-school, and I was thin but not lean at all then.

I don't use scales, but this Friday's my bday party, so I'll step onto the one at my friend's place. I'm hoping I'm down around 178 lb vs 183 in early Jan and 207 in Aug. (If not, who fucking cares? Up yers, scale!)

My 32nd year on this planet looks like it will be off to a great start.

RAWR!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    GO PATRIcK! I was happy to see my body changing too. It's more than just taking some pounds off CW way. Your body will totally change!

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Love the sculpting image! I think that's a great way to think of ourselves: as artists and our bodies as art! We'd certainly give our bodies more respect if we did!

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Way to go! It's exciting to see those changes. The other day as I was toweling off after a shower, I looked at my arms and thought "hot damn I have some sexy biceps & triceps." For a girl who's never been all the muscled, I was stoked!

eltigabii is offline Member
    hell ya, that's the best feeling when you can tell your body is changing... it's like you never imagined it was possible!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Great news man! I totally get what you mean with the sculpture analogy I felt the same way. I still step into the bathroom sometime before a shower and I do a double take... shit is crazy.
    Last edited by iniQuity; 02-02-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    Awesome bro, IF is the best thing I have ever come across also. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, gotta love the double-take moments, eh, iniQuity?

Thanks, all! I'll definitely be keeping it up -- I'm not sure I could stop myself! Seeing the results is insane incentive and a great motivator.

I just need to ensure I don't now push myself too hard to cover the last bit, which -- were I to honestly appraise my situation and progress -- is still at least 8 weeks out, and more likely 12 - 18 weeks out. Slow and steady... that's what I have to remind myself.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yeah, gotta love the double-take moments, eh, iniQuity?

Thanks, all! I'll definitely be keeping it up -- I'm not sure I could stop myself! Seeing the results is insane incentive and a great motivator.

I just need to ensure I don't now push myself too hard to cover the last bit, which -- were I to honestly appraise my situation and progress -- is still at least 8 weeks out, and more likely 12 - 18 weeks out. Slow and steady... that's what I have to remind myself.
    Yeah, get ready for the crawl! the last bit is the hardest part. I'd be ripped if I didn't have such strong de-railing tendencies. I've kind of been stuck at the same level due to my own negligence for a few months but the interesting thing is that I now *know* how to make things work so when I decide to stop fucking around I'll get to it.

It's also taught me that the most important thing for body comp undoubtedly is how you eat. You can workout all you want and not get there, unless all you ever do is cardio... and I hate cardio.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast