Thread: GCBC - Discussion page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I finally completed GCBC this morning after reading it for 3 months. Wow! What an epic! The depth of analysis, research and scholarship gone into writing it is just amazing. I thought this thread could serve to help those who are yet to read the book by providing some of the salient points discussed.

The more I read books/articles on traditional/real foods, the more I realize how the work of Weston A. Price has been a great influence on them. Gary Taubes quotes WAP's "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" as among the most ifluential books he's read. Nina Planck, author of Real Foods and a former-vegan, changed her eating philosophy after reading WAP.

Even if the majority of the people cannot adopt Primal/Paleo eating, switching to eating traditional, real foods would be a HUGE shift in the right direction. We can only hope that the CW Stone cracks really soon.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

It's cracking. However, it's a monolith, and it stays intact with the help of $$$$$$ from the Big Agra industry pimping the Grant Whores (thanks to Richard at www.freetheanimal.com for that tag) and the entrenched lotsofhearthealthywholegrains lobbies.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I'm about halfway through GCBC. Been a real eye opener so far.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I just got my copy from the library last night. I have quite a bit to go yet

Acmebike is offline Member

http://www.carnivorehealth.com/gcbc-summarized-by-charles-was

This doesn't replace reading GCBC, but it is a great resource.

groquette is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I finished GCBC on August 25th, and decided to replace carbs with fat. Then I spent the next seven days scouring the Internet to find people who have experience with high fat low/no carb diets... and finally found MDA.

Having tried a gazillion different diets and approaches, the only thing that finally 'clicked' was when I read about the metabolic activity of fat cells, and the role of insulin therein.

I'm re-reading GCBC now, because I feel like having 'digested' the information for about a month, I can get more out of it the second time around.