Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Born to Run page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Born to Run

I am about 75% through the book "Born to Run." It is simply amazing. Who else has read this book? What are your thoughts? I don't want it to end! I can not wait till winter is over so I can start running barefoot daily!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    All the runners at RunnersWorld raved about it when I was there, but I never got a chance to read it myself. I'm looking forward to warmer weather too. I'd like to get back to running a couple times a week.

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Loved it!
    I haven't managed to find the love for running yet though.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Loved the book, I even dabbled in having a salad for breakfast for a little bit because of it haha. I do think it kinda has a vegetarian agenda but it's not super strong and the focus is still always back to barefoot running or running in general. It never made me want to run for hours and hours though.

dromos is offline Member
    Great book. I'm thinking about reading it a second time here in the spring to get me revved up about running again.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely loved it.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    Loved it!
    I haven't managed to find the love for running yet though.
    +1

really fantastic book, but i just don't really seem to be a natural runner. I would always rather ride my bike. But i try to jog a little every week. I oughtta reread that book.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Great book. Don't get so fired up that you overdo it. He minimizes just how much rehab some people need. Start slowly, and fully barefoot if you have the courage. That tends to keep the miles down and lets you ramp up slowly. It's quite possible, and common, to run with poor form in VFFs. That's a short road to injury since you are now running badly with no support.

Gordo

prairiedog is offline Member
    I'm also about 3/4 of the way through after taking a break to read PB and Paleo Solution. Excellent read and makes you think a lot about CW as it relates to things other than food.
    Primal Living since Jan 4/11
    http://prairieprimal.wordpress.com

amandaroo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I even dabbled in having a salad for breakfast for a little bit because of it haha.
    me too! for a while I was really into my salads for breakfast. it is a great book, and actually, is the reason I found MDA in the first place! I read the book, then looked up Barefoot Ted's website, found his Google Group (which is great, by the way, http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches) and on the group there was a huge thread about paleo/primal lifestyles, and a link to MDA. so, quite literally, reading that book is what got me on track back to health, and got me off of the awful low-fat high grain diet and chronic cardio I had been suffering through before (with a measly 12 lbs lost in 6 months. ugh. compared to 30 lbs in 3 months primal). but if you're interested in starting barefoot running, I highly recommend BF Ted's group, the people are super helpful and can answer all your questions, and a lot of them are primal/paleo, too. my advice: don't do too much too soon or you'll REALLY regret it. it's hard not to do too much, though, because it is so much FUN to run barefoot!! :-D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast