Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not eating enough page 2

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You claim to want body recomp but I don't see your BF% stated anywhere. 4lbs is not a lot. 4lbs of what? Maybe you need too take a large... Compare BF% not scale weight. I can easily sway 6lbs in a week depending on the food I eat but my BF% is steady.

Collie is offline Junior Member
    Hey buddy I use Olive oil in my foods and find it's much better result's regarding to health and fitness...... I think that if you choose the foods knowing after knowing much about their effects and mod's than you will surely got the best result's.....

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    That's a guideline for lean people. I think of it as a maximum number as well. I think you're getting way too much protein. Try 100g.

Gordo
    Robb Wolfe would disagree.

Within reason there really is no "too much protein." Trust me on this, I'm aiming for >260g per day and it's a beast to eat that much.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    You said you were 5' 10", so I'd say you probably want to be a strong 170ish pounds. I'd shoot for 170 grams minimum and up to 255 grams tops. Go here and calculate your caloric needs.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Robb Wolfe would disagree.
    Rob's a sat-fat phobe. Lean meat? What a moron.

Within reason there really is no "too much protein." Trust me on this, I'm aiming for >260g per day and it's a beast to eat that much.
    Take a look at how the body uses protein. Excess protein ends up producing uric acid and ammonia. Sure, a healthy body can usually get rid of it within reason, but it's still toxic. Fat is the only macronutrient that doesn't produce toxic byproducts in high quantity. Muscle is only 16.4% protein. You don't need stupid amounts of protein to put on weight. You do need excess calories. Trust me on this, when meat is no longer appealing, quit eating it.

Gordo

Rob's a sat-fat phobe. Lean meat? What a moron.
    no he's not (to both parts), have you listened/read anything he's said? He advocates saturated fat all the time and suggests lean meats to those who can't afford quality meat in order to decrease the intake of bad fats from conventionally farmed meats. And he advises people add saturated fat (coco oil or pastured butter usually) to the meal to fill the void created by the lean meats (which is the exact same thing Mark tells people to do).

Take a look at how the body uses protein. Excess protein ends up producing uric acid and ammonia. Sure, a healthy body can usually get rid of it within reason, but it's still toxic. Fat is the only macronutrient that doesn't produce toxic byproducts in high quantity. Muscle is only 16.4% protein. You don't need stupid amounts of protein to put on weight. You do need excess calories. Trust me on this, when meat is no longer appealing, quit eating it.

Gordo
    I can't comment on the toxicity of excess protein consumption (no knowledge) outside of what my body tells me, and it's getting stronger and leaner eating the way I am. On top of the measurable gains I feel great, better than I have in a long time. N=1, how do I look, feel, perform? the answer is better.

I don't see how I'm eating "stupid" amounts of protein, I'm eating 1g per lb of body weight. Even if I knocked it back to 1g per lb of lean mass I'd still be eating >230g of protein daily. Yes I'm trying to lean out, but no, I'm not trying to lose weight. Yes, I could get by on as little as 100g of protein (I've done it and all it does is make me small, not lean, just small), and no, I wouldn't see the same strength gains.

I'll quit eating it when it becomes unappealing, it hasn't. Filling yes, but not unappealing.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

I don't see how I'm eating "stupid" amounts of protein, I'm eating 1g per lb of body weight. Even if I knocked it back to 1g per lb of lean mass I'd still be eating >230g of protein daily.
    Now that you put it in context of your weight, I agree that the amount isn't stupid. Without context, the assumption is that you are of average size. When it comes to lean mass, you're probably twice average, thus producing a stupid large number. My apologies.

Gordo

Now that you put it in context of your weight, I agree that the amount isn't stupid. Without context, the assumption is that you are of average size. When it comes to lean mass, you're probably twice average, thus producing a stupid large number. My apologies.

Gordo
    I should add it into my sig. On top of that I'm 6'7", so yeah, I might have excessive needs in comparison to the normals.

But my point still stands that >200g of protein daily is tough to force down the maw.

But my point still stands that >200g of protein daily is tough to force down the maw.
    No doubt. From what I understand, humans tend to self-regulate protein pretty well. Your body might be telling you to back off a bit.

Along those lines, a friend of mine is an all-natural bodybuilder. A good one. When I saw her last week after a two month absence, she was both huge and well-defined. In the past she has looked really puffy when she bulked up. I asked her what she did differently this time and she said that she's listening to her body rather than eating to a plan. End result is that she ended up eating a lot less protein and a lot more carbs. N=1, I know, but something to think about/play with.

Gordo

yeah, I don't usually have any craving for carbs.... or anything really. I was eating to satiety during the summer and fall, and I'm pretty sure I was only getting in ~100g of protein. That's not enough for my current goals and especially my training now. I should also state that I only have an 8 hour eating window each day, before I switched to the LeanGains IF and diet I was still eating about the same protein but over the whole day, it was easy then. Now I'm doing 2-3meals of 100g or more each, that's the hard part. Forcing past satiety to get the food in in a small window.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast