Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Sexy page 88

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, I wanted to add that Resistant Starch is very sexy. Lol

Over the years, I have tried mant different versions of Primal. Weightloss had stalled for me for 2 years. I was having trouble with a binge eating disorder and kept re gaining and then re losing the same 20-30 lbs.

Things evened out when I started aiming for 100 grams of carb, but there was no further weightloss. Last month, I started taking potato starch to up my dietary resistant starch. In early February I started following the Perfect Health Diet which calls for @ 150 grams of starchy carb/ day.

The results in a few weeks have been astounding. I broke through the weight plateau, am sleeping better, feel stronger in the gym, am more energetic and have a more stable mood. All of this translates to more sexiness and therefore better sex.

That is all.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles - Congrats on everything. Glad to hear you have figured out what works for your body and how that makes you feel sexy.

Awesome indeed!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Wow. I haven't been kayaking in a while.

I have felt the same way with my weight loss. Congrats to all of you! Here's to better communication about.......kayaking.
    Last edited by MsSmith; 02-24-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
    CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
    49 - 5'7.5"
    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh, I wanted to add that Resistant Starch is very sexy. Lol

Over the years, I have tried mant different versions of Primal. Weightloss had stalled for me for 2 years. I was having trouble with a binge eating disorder and kept re gaining and then re losing the same 20-30 lbs.

Things evened out when I started aiming for 100 grams of carb, but there was no further weightloss. Last month, I started taking potato starch to up my dietary resistant starch. In early February I started following the Perfect Health Diet which calls for @ 150 grams of starchy carb/ day.

The results in a few weeks have been astounding. I broke through the weight plateau, am sleeping better, feel stronger in the gym, am more energetic and have a more stable mood. All of this translates to more sexiness and therefore better kayaking.

That is all.
    Fixed.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    I totally agree on sexy being more of a mentality thing... confidence is sexy. You wear more colorful clothing/more makeup, you take care of yourself more...when you think you're WORTH fixing up. Of course confidence cannot override looks or lack thereof...but it ALWAYS helps. I think people tend to FEEL more confident when they lose a few pounds. They dare to wear that tighter dress...they put on some lipstick. I know that +2 lbs versus -2lbs often define me when it really shouldn't...and I act accordingly.

I was a total nerd in HS and was totally invisible until I realized that I need to fake it (feeling sexy) to make it. So nowadays, it doesn't matter if I woke up feeling like The Ugliest Woman on Earth and feeling super obese, I take that 20-30 mins to choose a figure flattering outfit, swipe on some lipstick, and put myself out there. I feel better already just treating myself for those 20 minutes, even if the day will be the SUCKIEST day and the night before I stayed up crying. Putting forth the best visual image I possibly can gives me the confidence to triumph over bad moods, stumbling blocks, etc.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I was a total nerd in HS and was totally invisible until I realized that I need to fake it (feeling sexy) to make it.
    I think that's all anyone ever does.

My #1 beauty tip: Smiling. Makes people 100% more attractive.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to add a bit more to this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Especially if it is a two person kayak and you are the only one paddling or the two of you are paddling in opposite directions.
    Not being on the same page about all our needs, I think, it is a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post

Also, because sex is such a sticky issue (ha, ha, couldn't resist!) we don't really talk about it... or not much... or not honestly. And we definitely don't educate people on how to have a happy and satisfied sex life. Sex is so complicated because it's physical, physiological, emotional and mental, and any of those things if they're off can affect your ability to enjoy yourself and/or orgasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlee View Post
    Having been there too, I agree with everyone who has said sexual problems are a product of relationship problems. Its not just mismatched libido.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    head space! it's most definitely about how i'm feeling.

as i've said over and over in this thread, i need to feel *cared for* and then it comes more easily. the more cared for i feel, the more easily it comes. i know. it's all "freudian slip" or whatever, but it's true.

if i feel frustrated, angry, stressed, or taken for granted, well, it's an up-hill battle.
    These things are so true. Feeling cared for, for all the days, hours and minutes outside of the bedroom and/or before foreplay is as, if not more, beneficial for good sex than foreplay, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    You're talking plain old pro-creational sex. You're not talking GOOD recreational sex, where both parties get as much enjoyment out of it as possible.
    My mom really messed me up about sex. She would often tell me of a guy a little older than me who was seeing two women he loved. One he was having sex with and the other, more virginal type whom he wasn't. She said the latter would be the person he married. It was beyond misguided for me to have waited for my wedding night. And I really didn't get a healthy mindset about sex outside of marriage until about 3 years ago! Possibly too late.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    communicate about everything and really know what works for each other
    Yes, everything that works. In bed and in the day to day events in the home, outside of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i had a drug free childbirth that was completely pleasurable (8 hrs of orgasms;
    WHAT?! More information, please.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
    CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
    49 - 5'7.5"
    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Great observations.

Lol on the zoebird quote.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I didn't feel sexy when I was 'plump' and big. I was one of those 12 year old girls standing in front of their mother in bra and panties while she picked my body apart. That was BEFORE I was plump, so that prompted the weight to go on...sadness.

Now that I am starting to love my body shape, and what I can wear and feel that I look great in clothes, out of my clothes is another story. My skin is saggy. Not HORRIBLY yet, and I worry about the yet.

I wasn't 'afraid' of hubby seeing and touching my plump body. He has always loved me what ever the size and he has loved to touch me. BUT now that my skin is saggier, I am TERRIFIED of him seeing me and touching me. I am not sure why but I am afraid of it.

I can wear a nighty, I can wear a corset and have some fun, but I am hiding myself by wearing them.

I know I need to talk to him about this, and get it out in the open. Things will be fine, but it's that fear.

I want to feel sexy in my not so perfect skin. ugg....
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Shop Now
    Yes, I too have some parts that are saggy since I spent so many years 100 lbs overweight. I wish that there was a miracle for that and the bad feelings it causes. I am just doing what I can to improve my skin as I lose weight. Exercise, skin brushing, moisturizing etc.

My husband seems to REALLY like my new body.

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast