Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 893

Thread: Feeling Sexy page 81

  1. #801
    SoccerGrok's Avatar
    SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    1,033
    Primal Fuel
    Some saucy ladies around here today;-)

  2. #802
    amberlee's Avatar
    amberlee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    407
    ooh, go for a little while and miss the naked talk. how YOU doing Carl?

  3. #803
    carlh's Avatar
    carlh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    western new york
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlee View Post
    ooh, go for a little while and miss the naked talk. how YOU doing Carl?
    I'm fuckin' awesome!!

  4. #804
    Nicator's Avatar
    Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I keep seeing the phrase " I am not that kind of girl" I have to ask why we make a distinction between men and women. If a man says "hey I got laid last night", most of his male friends will either congratulate him or at worst chalk it up to being a guy. If a woman says it she is a dirty slut and looses respect? Human sexuality is a natural part of being Human, Cheating on a promise aside, why do we look at women differently?
    Because women are different than men. Even if you don't believe in the need for emotion to be involved in sex, the simple biological cost of pregnancy mandates a different attitude between the sexes.

    Especially before easily available and effective birthcontrol, sex was of much greater consequence to women than it was to men. Society evolved around this biological truth, and women became the gatekeepers to sex. Women don't generally stigmatize men who tomcat around because the underlying signal is that other gatekeepers are allowing him to have sex with them, so he must be high-quality. Women are stigmatized for sleeping around because it calls into question their judgement as a gatekeeper.

    Men only like loose women on the level that they like a casino with 'loose slots'. They'll play, but they won't invest. Feminism does a great injustice (among many) by teaching women that they can use birthcontrol and sleep around like men without consequence. High quality men will not invest in a woman who has taken this attitude.

  5. #805
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Your definition of "high quality" and my definition of "ignorant" obviously cover the same ground.

    There are men who either learn to think for themselves, or who aren't brought up as judgmental bigots, who could care less where or with whom a woman has been before him. It really makes no difference. It has nothing to do with some arbitrary measure of quality. It only has to occur to a man that though a double standard may have served a purpose at some point in history, that point is moot now to understand this.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  6. #806
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    Because women are different than men. Even if you don't believe in the need for emotion to be involved in sex, the simple biological cost of pregnancy mandates a different attitude between the sexes.
    you're basing your argument on archaic Victorian views intermixed with (at the time) newly formed hypotheses. darwinism was a good start to our origins, but has been significantly refined since then. we evolved in egalitarian communities where no one really knew paternity and no one cared. over time, as civilizations grew, men took more and more control of resources, which started to include women. with the advent of agriculture and then personal property, there had to be a clearcut way to pass on resources down the generations, and thus paternity (and by extension, control of women) became important. check out the book "Sex at Dawn." what you say may be true in terms of civilizations without birth control, but in an egalitarian, communal environment (which is what we evolved in), the burden of providing for and taking care of children is shared by all and thus women's "risk" is substantially lower.

  7. #807
    Nicator's Avatar
    Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    you're basing your argument on archaic Victorian views intermixed with (at the time) newly formed hypotheses. darwinism was a good start to our origins, but has been significantly refined since then. we evolved in egalitarian communities where no one really knew paternity and no one cared. over time, as civilizations grew, men took more and more control of resources, which started to include women. with the advent of agriculture and then personal property, there had to be a clearcut way to pass on resources down the generations, and thus paternity (and by extension, control of women) became important. check out the book "Sex at Dawn." what you say may be true in terms of civilizations without birth control, but in an egalitarian, communal environment (which is what we evolved in), the burden of providing for and taking care of children is shared by all and thus women's "risk" is substantially lower.
    I make no argument. The fellow pointed out, correctly, that there is a double standard for men and women regarding promiscuity and asked why that was. I proffered an explanation. Perhaps my explanation is incorrect; the question remains.

  8. #808
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,066
    WAAAH! This was once a fun thread.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

  9. #809
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,422

  10. #810
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,192
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i'll be good.
    Wheres the fun in that?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •