Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling Sexy page 5

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitana View Post
    *nods* I had no complaints before, but it'd be hard to go back. There is definitely a change in the bedroom. It's hard to quantify because we're still essentially the same people, but there's an intensity to him now that was muted before and it's a huge turn-on.
    Oooh that does sound good! My dh is not very confident in himself physically and sexually though I do my best to encourage him. It'd be good if he was more forward about things. This time of the month I'd really like him to be um, very forward LOL. I've become more attracted to more muscular men as well, previously my taste was for a more slender look. Cavewoman needs a caveman, clearly!

I read something this week about men over 40 and it scared me! Noooooo I'm not ready to go downhill yet!!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    This seems to be a female-slanted thread but since going Primal I've noticed I get erections all the freaking time now at night. Like, several times throughout the night. It's disrupting my sleep. What the heck. I think it's quite unrelated to my libido, which has always been high. But I do feel better about myself as I lose fat and gain muscle.
    Carl, thank you for sharing. Both sides are welcome in this conversation. I would tell my husband about your experiences but I don't know how I would explain that I was having such a conversation on a public web site or worse that I started the thread.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Pebbles! I think he'd be thrilled that you're expressing a positive body image and invigorated sexuality! There's nothing lewd about the content of this thread from what I've seen. And heck, one of the prime benefits of Mark's Daily Apple is "I want to look good naked!" - of course there's a (positive) sexual bent to getting uber-healthy and trim!

I love wandering around the house flexing my "still getting there" muscles.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Carl, thank you for sharing. Both sides are welcome in this conversation. I would tell my husband about your experiences but I don't know how I would explain that I was having such a conversation on a public web site or worse that I started the thread.
    If it helps, I've already told my husband about this thread, including that post.

It may take willpower to avoid lewdness though if people insist on mentioning their muscles lol
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Carl - Mr G has been having that effect too :-) shifting hormones for sure!

He was a typical 10 stone weakling (who gained some paunch, I used to refer to as his 'pooh bear' tummy). He never looked in the mirror and was never body image concerned at all, is a brainy nerd really, but since going Primal last April, wow, he even stands in front of the mirror admiring himself after a shower - first time - age 52!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    This seems to be a female-slanted thread but since going Primal I've noticed I get erections all the freaking time now at night. Like, several times throughout the night. It's disrupting my sleep. What the heck. I think it's quite unrelated to my libido, which has always been high. But I do feel better about myself as I lose fat and gain muscle.
    Gee, Carl, that's too bad. It's a shame we live on opposite sides of the country. We could.........go kayaking..............together. *avoids lewdness by "that much"*

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad to see that there are some people feeling good about themselves! Hopefully one day I can end up in that category.

My husband tells me I'm sexy but I never feel sexy. It's odd how others perceive you to be something you don't feel that you are. I grew up being told I would never be attractive as I was fat and since this came from my mother, I listened. Was fine with everything until she died and the day she died, BOOM, everything came flooding back. Sex life went downhill. I want sex, just not with my husband. The ironic thing is that I can't talk to him about this. He knows something is wrong and he's upset but its difficult to explain to someone that you love that you love them but not want them anymore.
    Georgette

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's a tough spot, geo.

you know, and i'm considering it for myself (if you read my current journal today you might see why), getting sex therapy and/or individual and/or couples therapy can help. i'm trying to figure out the right path for me right now.

i have (and always have had) a lot of sexual energy, but it doesn't get unleashed quite as i would like it to (or as often). I really love my husband and want him, until he starts whining or something, which is a total turn off and complete frustration. so, i know that feeling of "not wanting him" too.

i think that i just need a bit of help, to figure it out.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    its amazing how many otherwise compatible couples have mismatched libidos

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    pmsl
    thats hilarious ... kayaking huh

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast