Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling Sexy page 10

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    true, true. more of that cultural mythos stuff. bah!

my friend suggested a new toy as well. she even wanted to send it to be gratis from the US. i suppose i shall accept delivery. at least sisters are looking out for each other.

Paleobird Guest
    And Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox sing, "Sisters are doin' it for themselves....."

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think a lot of women (myself included) do but they have been taught that it is not "ladylike" to admit to such a thing.
    I agree x 10

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yeah, and i was like -- do i want to go there? LOL i do love annie and aretha! and def had it in my mind. LOL

newlyprimal is offline Junior Member

Cool Primal is sexy

Eating primal is definitely sexy, there's something very animal-like and instinctual in it. And Pebbles yes I feel it too after coming off the hormones (they were suppressing my periods and made me gain loads if weight). As you become more comfy in your body and your self image improves, it's natural to feel sexier. It's all in the mind see?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Self-esteem builds confidence and desire. The right paddle certainly helps
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of women (myself included) do but they have been taught that it is not "ladylike" to admit to such a thing.
    This is so true and the old stereotype of the man always trying to get sex from the reluctant, headache-faking woman is just that. In my experience, after the initial 2 weeks of mad sex at the start of a relationship, I always want it more often than my partner and I don't think I'm unusually frisky. I don't think wanting sex 3 or 4 times a week makes me a nymphomaniac, but you'd be surprised how often I've been made to feel that way!

Love the kakaking euphemisms too btw especially since my BF and I go out in his double kayak often (but not often enough for me if we are following the double-entendre )

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Georgette, sweetie, please get some couples counseling or, if he won't go, just some counseling for yourself. If things are good "other than sex and emotional things", things do not sound good.
    Indeed, what is there other than sex and emotional things ...

Just catching up on the thread, tricky all this global communication and time zone differences! I love the kayaking metaphor, I love to kayak, white water rivers, oceans, lochs, you name it, solo or double! LOL!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Paleobird: Oh, Georgette, sweetie, please get some couples counseling or, if he won't go, just some counseling for yourself. If things are good "other than sex and emotional things", things do not sound good.
    Indeed, what is there other than sex and emotional things ...
    My ex and I were verrrrrry into the kayak metaphor for about 10 years. Then he got focused on literally riding his bicycle, and other things went sadly downhill. Eventually the kayak was in permanent storage. He would never listen to me about the bike aspect, never ever ever wanted to discuss it or options (like, yes, counseling for heaven's sake, it's not the end of the world even if you're an old-fashioned guy who doesn't want to talk about his feeeelings) and his doctor told him (you know what's coming next) : "It's just part of getting older."

He's only 56 now, and this was five or so years ago -- I was so furious with that doctor and baffled that my formerly "let's do chores naked" guy shut down completely and wasn't interested in fixing this, of all things. For the rest of our lives? That is bonkers. Well, it didn't turn out to be the rest of our lives since he walked out on me, but you know what I mean.

I don't know if the relationship disintegrated because of this widening gap (and my anger and resentment) or if the gulf between us grew and grew because I'm just a pain in the ass that way, which ensured we'd never work it out. I guess it's all the same, really.

This thread made me wonder if finding this lifestyle earlier might have made a difference (he has a terrible family health history with ALL SORTS of inflammatory diseases killing off everyone but his sister by now [and she has lupus], which partially explains the death-grip obsession with biking for CW health). But I think I'm just reaching for ways to continue to make it my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Just catching up on the thread, tricky all this global communication and time zone differences! I love the kayaking metaphor, I love to kayak, white water rivers, oceans, lochs, you name it, solo or double! LOL!
    I'm quite fond of long-distance partner kayaking, but I don't know if that's going to ever be in the cards again. Or maybe that's like sweets and grains, and all this crazy kayak variety will start to appeal to me the way I now adore kale chips, beef hearts, and coconut cream. C'est la vie - toujours interessante! With any luck, more interesting in good ways, in future days.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Geez, I left the thread overnight and you guys went kayaking without me!

I told my husband about what I started here. He was very interested in what you all had to say. I think he may finally check out MDA! Thanks.

Keep on with whatever floats your kayak...
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast