Thread: Halal page

mikebike is offline Senior Member

Halal

Primal Fuel
    There's a Halal store that opened in my area recently. Curious what anyone knows about halal and how it might apply to our purposes? They have goat and lamb on sale for $3.99 a pound but not sure what they're fed.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    From my understanding, halal only refers to the butchering process, not the raising process. I might be wrong, though.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 Guest
    I understand it to be the Muslim version of Kosher in fact -

There is similarity between the laws of Dhabiĥa halal and kashrut. In Surah 5:5 of the Qur'an it is written: "The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them."

source:wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Actually, Christians don't follow the Kosher/Halal rules -- they can eat pork, cook meat in dairy, don't need their meat specially butchered, etc.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I googled halal. As soon as I saw "no pork" and "no alcohol" I closed the window and a chill ran down my spine.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Actually, Christians don't follow the Kosher/Halal rules -- they can eat pork, cook meat in dairy, don't need their meat specially butchered, etc.
    Understood. Jesus gave Christians an out. Something about what you put in your mouth is not as important as what comes out. However, back when the Koran was written it may have been different and People of the Book may refer to the OT and it's dietary restrictions.

Just an idea. I'm not a religious scholar or dietary historian or anything.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My local grocery sells goat meat that's certified as Halal. It's the Muslim equivalent to Kosher.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    I googled halal. As soon as I saw "no pork" and "no alcohol" I closed the window and a chill ran down my spine.
    Love it!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    The halal meat section of our local ethnic superstore here in Atlanta is great. The butcher buys the animals from local farms and butchers them himself. Not necessarily grass fed but fresh and local! I think part of the process has to do with the removal of the blood?

Zero is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know they slaughter the animals in a different way, they slit the animal's throats (without stunning).