Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (wrinkledamanda) page 2

wrinkledamanda is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Well, this weekend I didn't fall off the wagon so much as divebomb headfirst. It started with a bottle of wine Friday night when I wanted to have a couple drinks while I finished up the painting for my mom's birthday... which escalated into 3 bottles of wine, 1/2 bottle of vodka, and no finished painting. Actually I was not productive at all. Then Saturday, still hung over when I went into work, I ordered a hoagie and a pizza. Having not eaten on Friday or all day Saturday, I wanted something quick. So... I wound up eating all of the hoagie and half the pizza, which I finished Sunday morning along with a bowl of ice cream. Yuck. I was not satisfied whatsoever, so I'm wondering why I kept eating. I'm thinking that's just because it was there which NEEDS. TO. STOP.

I've come up with a second solution, since the last one worked surprisingly well until I decided I was going to relax with some paints and a bottle. I will buy ONE bottle of wine per week. ONE. And that's all I get. If I can successfully drink no more than that per week for 3 months, I will reward myself. I've been wanting to get my nostrils punched at 10g for awhile, and if I can complete my goal, I'll finally do that for myself (if finances permit, of course). The next paycheck I can afford to do this, I will purchase the jewelry to really set my sights. I would like a new tattoo, but I don't want it to look all wierd once I reach my weight loss goal, so better to get a new piercing instead. Fun yay!

The third solution is to drink out of one of those dinky wine glasses. And sip. I love to drink (read: chug) from the bottle, and I can no longer do that because I don't guage how much I drink. I get caught up in the moment and lose myself. So if I really enjoy the wine and the flavors and take my time, I shouldn't have this problem.

I feel good about my solutions. I'm getting back on track with some fish, and I had eggs earlier which helped. I need to incorporate some excersizes (I got so energized last week a few times and danced. Does that count?), so I'll either do some dancing, or I'll lace up my sneakers - asking for vibram 5 fingers for Christmas - and just make an effort to get outside. Something to move around. Just something.

I'll get there.

It worked! Whoopee! Only one glass today!!! And I didn't fill it up the whole way, either. I took my time and sipped it and savored the flavors, and honestly, it was way more satisfying than chugging from the bottle. I am so proud. Happy holey nostrils (again...) here I come! Well, that and weight loss. You know, that's good, too...

Sweet. No drinks today but water and coffee. With the coffee, I'm putting in less and less sugar, and I got heavy whipping cream, which is delicious.

I had hard salami and provolone cheese before bed (on sale, and soooo good! Though I think I may have to cut out the cheese) and eggs smothered in butter and onions, and when I woke up I made develed eggs with mayo, parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Soo good! And then I'll of course have my salmon with olive oil and parmesan, and delicious minute steaks when I get home from work.

After my stint with Dominos this weekend, I'm trying to get back to my plan - which worked so well. I'm not sure why I bought the cheese today, but that'll be cut out. The salami is for snacks, and I'll just keep to the plan that worked well for me. It's best when I just stick to the same thing every day. Especially if it works.

Huh. I was wondering why I hadn't felt so awesome in the past week. I plugged my meals into Fitday and found out why. I guess I do need to do that every day. It really helps because I plug in everything that goes into my mouth, and if I don't want to put it into the calculator, I just won't eat it. It's surprisingly effective.

Drinking's been well. Meaning I just haven't. "Sensible indulgences" just aren't working out in my favor, so I'll stick to eating only meat. I kind of went overboard on the dark chocolate, so I must cut that out. Chicken wings (hot or medium -- no bbq sauce or anything like that) sound good right about now. Mmmmm chickens...

J might be joining me in my meat eating endeavors which is cool and very nice of him. He knows I like PB a lot and feel good regardless of whether or not I'm losing weight, so that's some special encouragement besides. He doesn't think he can get rid of the rice and Hamburger Helper, but I think he can with a little effort.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Hey there - well done with the drinking. Several years ago I used to regularly get home from work and crack open a bottle of wine. At the time, I thought it was fine, but looking back, it really wasn't.

I've worked out since that i have an addictive/obsessive personality, so having certain things in moderation is hard for me unless I walk away from the temptation for a long time. So now I can take or leave drinking, a d if go on a night out, I can stick to two glasses of wine and that's that.

Right now, I'm being very primal indeed, and loving every minute of it. Today is my second IF day in a row and then I'll give it a break for a few days. Let's see what happens!

Enjoy!

I definately have an addictive personality. I actually had a very scary experience yesterday that has prompted me to want to not drink at all that resulted in a broken thumb and me not remembering anything at all.

It's easy to get carried away when you're drinking, and for some reason, when I begin, I just cannot stop. Everything goes out the window for me. I need to just not drink at all, and if I do, I need to take it like you do, and drink only two glasses if that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that after eating /essentially/ primally (a few binges, and the booze comprimised my eating it to the letter), and I've noticed my nails are stronger, and my dandruff isn't nearly as bad.

That's one of the scary thing about drinking - memory loss. Luckily, I've never been down that route - too much of a control freak!

Anyway, I hope your thumb mends soon. And good news about your nails and dandruff.

I've never had an issue blacking out before! And it's kind of embarassing because apparently I turned up at my neighbor's apartment with my pants down (they're baggy, so I'm hoping they just fell) asking to listen to music. She took me in and I kind of "came to" singing Journey at the top of my lungs into a screwdriver. That's when I noticed my throbbing, swollen, black thumb (thanks for the good wishes, BTW)... I used to just make an ass of myself in my own apartment, but my assery is getting more profound.

I did see some good in this, though, because if I didn't drink so much that I would be useless at work, I wouldn't have gone to my neighbor's and stayed up so late - she's been sick so she wouldn't have, either - and therefore we wouldn't have heard the smoke alarm go off in the hall and woke everybody in the apt building up and the place would have burned down because the kid on the floor below us burned something. So I guess it's all good...?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh my, what a story! It does seem like a happy accident in some respects, though...

Tip: Get some new trousers!

Seriously, I know what you mean about the not being able to stop issue. I know I have an addictive personality so that's where my control freak side comes in to stop me doing something really terrible to myself. My friend tells me it's an aspect of the 'A type' personality - high achievers etc. That's why I would never go near drugs (apart from the illegality!) because I know I would never be able to come back from the hell that they bring.

Ah, the human condition...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast