Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter

Butter

Shop Now
    Trying to figure out what my cravings are telling me. By limiting carbs, I've managed to drop ~30 pounds over the course of a couple of years. However, at times (more often than not) I have been craving extra fat. There are days I feel like I could eat a 1/2 a stick of butter like a candy bar. I even like havng a spoonful of left over bacon grease from time to time.

My diet over the past year is probably averaging ~60% fat, 20-30% protein and 10-20% carb. I have eliminated grains and limit fruit to a couple (if that) servings in a week (usually blueberries or strawberries). I seem to tolerate cheese, so I do eat a fair amount of hard cheese. Oddly, I crave peanut butter (not primal - I know). If it is in the house, I could eat it by the spoonful (with extra butter).

Has anyone else on this forum ever felt like this?

Yes. Eat more fat. You're craving it for a reason.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ya...I ate half a block of cheese today. No biggy. I did two 24 hour fasts this week (one intentional and one accidental) so I am not in the least worried. I regularly eat spoonfuls of bacon fat or coconut oil. As long as you are satisfied with your physique then I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over the occasional block of cheese or stick of butter :-)

I just had half a pint of whipped heavy cream. Fat is good

Funny you should mention that - yesterday I finished off a half pint myself while waiting for my eggs to finish frying in butter and bacon grease.

Does eating extra fat help when you feel like you're craving sugar? I have issues where I crave sugar or feel like I'm going into a rage at times from the detox and am wondering if that helps?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Does eating extra fat help when you feel like you're craving sugar? I have issues where I crave sugar or feel like I'm going into a rage at times from the detox and am wondering if that helps?
    Yes, definitely!

It does seem to help me.

I guess I'm still at that phase where the idea of just eating fat by itself is nasty. Maybe I should eat more bacon to help me get into that mindset?
    Georgette

Shop Now
    drink straight heavy cream. bye bye cravings. bonus points for pastured an/or raw.