Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Am An Assertive Woman Now! (Did I just Roar?) page

I Am An Assertive Woman Now! (Did I just Roar?)

Shop Now
    I feel like I am a different person now. Things, people and issues that used to bother or scare me just... don't anymore.

I ripped an old friend who I've always had a problem with "a new one" when he started in on something. All the old self-help books, all the verbal judo advice I had read, learned, and integrated fell to the wayside after I said what had to be said, in the perfect way, with the perfect tone, with the perfect eye-contact...all automatically!

Another issue that had put me in a mental, emotional and spiritual breakdown for years I looked at the other day and thought... "Eh...! Who cares." And I really *don't*!

My whole makeup now is "I am an Alpha, everything else is my equal, subordinate, or prey." Last year it was more, "I hope they're not mad at me, maybe I better apologize or hide?"

Has anyone else felt this way since PB? I'd like to hear especially from other women.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    No, but I love the new attitude, and I hope that happens to me too!

Paleobird Guest
    I've always felt like an alpha. PB didn't change that but it may be one of the reasons why it feels very right for me. It also could be that I really like steak.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've never been assertive. I'd just like to get to the point where I don't give a crap anymore about things. I'm figuring if I became assertive, I would then be able to tell my husband simple truths about things and I'm more worried about hurting his feelings versus me being happy.
    Georgette

janagram is offline Senior Member
    mmm......geostump....I can relate!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    janagram, all I can say is thank goodness for friends! I know a lot of people don't agree with that but after 14 years and trying to get him to change, sometimes you have to try something else.
    Georgette

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i was already like this. perhaps i am 'worse' now.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Have always been assertive, but some people know the right buttons to push that make me crumble. Lately, that hasn't happened. A few people have tried with the drama crap, and I've been calling them out on it instead of reacting emotionally. Feels good.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    "I am an Alpha, everything else is my equal, subordinate, or prey."
    I have this attitude (which pairs well with being an Aries) but it didn't come with Primal so much as it did with weight loss in general.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast