Thread: Lovin` being primal so far!!! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Hi,

I have been feeling like something was wrong with my diet for a couple years. Very healthy in some circles, cooking from scratch, using coconut oil, olive oil, protein, vegetables and fruit. Oh and dairy, my love affair with dairy. But every time I ate pasta or bread etc. I would feel awful. Sick, tired, a really bad ache in the top of my stomach. I finally decided to cut grains out of my life last week, and I feel so great!

I am limiting my dairy consumption, and bought full fat milk instead of 1%, but will not be drinking it with every meal.

I feel so excited to be learning all of this, losing weight and feeling better already.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Catalina is offline Member

Good for you. . .sounds like you were really paying attention to your body and it's paying off. It will be well worth it!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

ahhh, I think milk is the only thing I trully miss being primal.

Pandora Guest

woo, that's great! It's amazing what just a week can do, isn't it?

I've cut back on dairy also, and I find when I do have it I appreciate it more. A small piece of cheese goes a long way. Unlike breads and grains and such...when I've experimented I've found even the most miniscule amount makes me feel like garbage.

I have to agree with you pandora. Dairy in small quantities seems to be fine, but grains just kill my stomach.

-John Lennon

I too enjoy a drink or two of full-fat raw milk as a very limited treat. Cheese and cream, I have occasionally, but unless I am trying to lose weight (I do it in cycles), I try not to feel guilty about it.

I made Primal Pizza the next day after being super sick and fasting for 40+ hrs. I was in a Sodium coma for the next 24 hrs! What was I thinking?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh ouch SassaFrass! lol

-John Lennon