Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there some kind of "rage" associated deleting sugars from your body? page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Is there some kind of "rage" associated deleting sugars from your body?

Primal Fuel
    In the past week, on 2 different occassions, I have experienced some sort of "rage" or "anger" that I have never experienced in my life. I will go off on whoever is around me for no apparent reason, throw things, start crying, almost like a temper tantrum, then after I calm down, I apologize to everything and everyone that I did this to. The first time, I did not give into temptation but the one Saturday, I ate 2 cookies and I could sugar rushing through my veins. I ate those cookies in my rage and luckily gave the package to my kids to get rid of before I ate more. Just wondering if this common in the beginning?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I know several years back when I did Atkins I experienced much of the same. It is actually the reason I stopped. I've not noticed it with primal since I am eating more carbs through veggies and occasional fruit.

batty is offline Senior Member
    yes. yes it is. especially if you were some form of carbo-sugar addict previously. sugar has been shown to be about as addictive as illegal drugs, and the 'withdrawal' symptoms can be just as bad. it happened to me regularly as i was weaning myself off the processed sugar, and it does still happen to me on occasion the day after consuming certain sugar laden foods. just don't continue to give into the rage, or it will be perpetuated. often, its a reminder of what that stuff actually does to your body.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

I am considered insulin resistant. I don't eat fruit at all. The only fruit I really like are bananas and that is barely ripened. Also just some days, I barely have an appetite so I'll barely eat any veggies at all but eat some protein and fats.

What's the best thing to do to try to keep the "rage" at bay? I'm typically highly emotional. This reminds me of PMS but way way worse. Not sure if I should try eating extra fat or adding more carbs. I'm under 50g of carbs pretty much daily.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Eat. Especially fat. Coconut manna or cheese or bacon are my go-tos. You may also be needing more calories.

I'm full all the time now it seems like and I'm rarely hungry. Today, I've ate 4 eggs with ham onions & peppers cooked in bacon grease with a bit of parma and lunch was a salad of romaine, spinach, green olives, mushrooms, ham, turkey, pepperoni and salami with apple cider vin made with olive oil. Not too sure about dinner tonight. Not feeling hungry now so I may just make something for the fam but skip eating it for me. My salad fit in one of the larger salad tupperware containers.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Eat. Especially fat. Coconut manna or cheese or bacon are my go-tos. You may also be needing more calories.
    What is coconut manna?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Geostump, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Isn't it incredible how we can feel hijacked by forces like that?

For background, I grew up in a house with a rage-a-holic and inherited it myself. It took most of my 20s to deprogram myself, but I did so successfully. Imagine my surprise when it reared its ugly head again after I stopped breastfeeding my daughter and my hormones were all out of whack. The best thing I could do was not talk to anybody, but it felt like sitting on a timebomb.

It's important to remember that the mood is almost like weather - probably hormonally related - and will pass. Remind yourself that you'd rather be the only one in the storm and you'll be better off if you don't have collateral damage to clean up afterwards. Do what you need to do: take a walk, take a deep breath before speaking, do something alone until you feel better. If you practice yoga, draw from that experience, and if you don't, I highly recommend it!

The worst thing to do is to allow it to continue. In doing so, you will allow it to carve pathways in your brain that you will then have to undo. And it will be harder (ever tried to stop a bad habit?).

Good for you for getting out ahead of it. Awareness really is the first (and biggest) step.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    What is coconut manna?
    Thanks Twibble, I was gonna ask the same thing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast