Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need cream + primal chipotle mayo suggestions... page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Need cream + primal chipotle mayo suggestions...

Primal Fuel
    Sup,

I likes cream, what kind of fancy shmancy properly fed cream can I acquire in Northern NJ or NYC (preferably NJ)?? I guess at Whole Foods because I visited my local Trader Joe's and they don't carry Grass Fed dairy. I'm currently using Land O Lakes half and half, the only ingredients are milk and cream IIRC, but definitely no funky stuff, 3 ingredients at most so I feel comfortable using it daily but I'm sure there's better out there.

Also, my gf through eating with me has been eating a lot more primal. She loves the food but I know she still does her own thing when I'm not around which is fine by me since I know her eating habits to still be better than the majority. However she expressed an interest in making some chipotle mayo to spice up some of our recipes. I know mayo to be eggs and oil but is there a primal chipotle mayo recipe out there? hook a brother up.

(have you noticed that I could have just googled this? I'm like the old man that goes to the bank to make a $5 deposit just to talk to the pretty teller..)

Thanks!

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    I googled it couldn't find any recipes from scratch. I'm sure someone will have some thing for you. I'm interested myself. I'm a total chipotle slut. Always finding ways to use dried chipotle powder.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Do you have the primal cookbook? There is a recipe in there for the mayo, then you can fake it from there. Mayo from scratch though can be hard to make. Just beck out the real mayo at the store and look for the one with the fewest ingredients. I found an olive oil based one that is very good, very few ingredients as well.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    buy a can of chiplote peppers in the can (WFM has organic if you look in the ethnic foods section) I bought a can to make some smoked sweet potatoes over thanks giving, and still have some left stored in a glass jar in the fridge - DH takes it out and uses it to spice up his foods more.
    you could just add that to your home made mayo - or you could add it store bought....

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    buy a can of chiplote peppers in the can (WFM has organic if you look in the ethnic foods section) I bought a can to make some smoked sweet potatoes over thanks giving, and still have some left stored in a glass jar in the fridge - DH takes it out and uses it to spice up his foods more.
    you could just add that to your home made mayo - or you could add it store bought....
    That’s probably what I’ll end up doing.

Smoked sweet potatoes with chipotle sounds amazing…

Thanks guys… any word on cream though?

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    @IniQuity it was sweetpotato souflee... I roasted the sweet potatoes - then removed the skin and mashed them up with 6egg yokes, and the chiplotes -then beat the egg whites thill they were stiff and folded them in, added cooked bacon and baked them. delish...DH told me next time I should add ghee and some maple syrup.. maybe I will... who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    @IniQuity it was sweetpotato souflee... I roasted the sweet potatoes - then removed the skin and mashed them up with 6egg yokes, and the chiplotes -then beat the egg whites thill they were stiff and folded them in, added cooked bacon and baked them. delish...DH told me next time I should add ghee and some maple syrup.. maybe I will... who knows..
    Wow that sounds serious as hell. I would probably screw that up but I think I can roast and add the egg yolks and go to town! That would make an awesome workout day side to a good piece of meat… probably too fatty for my purposes (of having higher carb days with less fat only around heavy workouts 2x a week) but it sounds really good. Never thought of adding egg to sweet potatoes…

Oh man, sweet potato “hash browns” with fried eggs on top. Shit shit shit, hurry up Friday so I can eat that!!!

PS: I think it’s kinda lame to eat certain things around certain times (ie: higher carbs on workout days) but I’m trying something different and I want to stick to it for a few weeks to see if it actually “works”. My previously held belief was that you could have your primal carbs anytime and your muscle glycogen would be just fine, but now I’m trying to eat them only on workout days to see if it makes any difference.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Ronnybrook dairy is from pastured cows. They don't advertise it, I had to ask at the store. Sold in glass bottles too! Very cute. Can be found at Whole Foods in NYC, also at their store in Chelsea Market and at the Union Sq greenmarket. I don't know from New Jersey...

http://www.ronnybrook.com/

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I use Organic Valley Organic Heavy Whipping Cream... I get it Trader Joes

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cream is a tough one. Even the organic supermarket creams are almost always ultra-pasteurized (worse than even the standard HTST pasteurization). You could try http://realmilk.com/where1.html or maybe even http://eatwild.com for sources. The problem is that it is soooo expensive, even more expensive than raw milk. So I would either just do a decent supermarket organic cream or stick with coconut cream instead.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast