Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Worst Water page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

America's Worst Water

Primal Fuel
    First, look at #1 in this article: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/te...ater/19816730/

Secondly, understand that I live here and drink this all day.

What the hell do I need to buy that will keep this shit out of me without going through a billion bottles of bottles water every day? This scares the crap out of me and I can't believe this is what I've been drinking for pretty much my entire life.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You might want to distill your water, and then add mineral supplements. Unfortified distilled water alone for too long isn't good for you either.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    R/O system?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind that even the bad tap water is often times better than the good bottled water due to much stricter regulations. Find out from your utility company whether they use chlorine or one of the stronger disinfectants. If it's chlorine you can simply get rid of that by filling up a pitcher of water and leaving it in your refrigerator for a few hours as the chlorine will turn to gas while your water chills.

If you really want to get as much as you can out of the water then pay upfront for a reverse osmosis system. They're not all that expensive and will provide you with a lot of reallllly clear water.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

mizski is offline Senior Member
    I wish more was being done about the pharmaceuticals in drinking water. They are not even mentioned in water quality reports. Our local water tastes wonderful and scores very high for purity however, they don't consider the pharmaceuticals in the water yet will admit that is why we have one of the highest breast cancer rates in the country.

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...interview.aspx

There real problem isn't drinking it, it is showering in it! From what I understand, you can absorb more toxins in the shower than from drinking the water. I'm with you on the water down there. I just moved from Ft. Walton Bch and the water was terrible. Unfortunately, we temporarily moved just south of another military base. Yesterday, we went to workout at the gym on base, and found out that the entire base's water system was unfit for human use (of ANY kind) because of some kind of chemical spill that went into the water system. All the water was turned on, in the saunas and bathrooms, flushing the water. Nice, huh? We are on well water, next to a lake that is contaminated because of the chemicals spilled at the base. We recently had people in a nearby town tell us that the cancer rates are high here. Wonder why...
    I can hardly wait to be able to move from here.

My parents have a well in the NC mountains that they use a R/O system. It was expensive to put in but they have better water now. My only thing is I notice that my skin is drier after a shower, but I can put on coconut oil on it and be happy that the water is hopefully cleaner.

Did anyone catch the History channel special "Prophets of Doom"? Very scary. On of the scientist biggest fear is clean water, which is fast becoming a thing of the past.

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    You can get an R/O (reverse osmosis) systems for just your tap for a couple of hundred dollars. I have one at my house since we are on a well and I want to make sure we don't get contaminants in our drinking water.

You can also get bottled water from the "vending machines" for $1.25 a gallon and store it in 5 gallon jugs. It's all R/O purified, carbon filtered, and UV sterilized. If you're uncomfortable with the plastic bottles you could get glass carboys but they're heavy and hard to carry.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking at getting a Berkey water filtration system. Seems to be a good compromise between cost and high efficiency filtration.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    I have a Berkey and love it! I'll be purchasing a shower filter next payday, as the skin the largest organ. Overall, my city has great water (consistently rated top in the country) so I'm not terribly concerned but airborne chlorine isn't anything I want to take in regularly.

You have to be careful with reverse osmosis systems, as everything is stripped from the water. You have to add minerals back in, at the minimum. I chose the Berkey because of the balance of removing impurities while leaving in minerals. Plus, in case of a zombie apocalypse, it filters nasty dung water into clean drinking water.

Mommaofmany is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been very happy with my Berkey. After getting it, my son was drinking yet another cup of water and said, "Mom, it's like I can't get enough water now!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast