Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) page 4

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    A few years ago I was rendered immobile by the result of a misadventure while involved in something semi-dangerous. In short I hurt myself pretty badly. During the convalescence I gained a bit too much weight. Under supervision and with medical advice I took CLA Tonalin, a chromium niacin blend, and garcinia cambogia (Citrimax). The weight gain stopped and most of that weight was lost by the time I could move again. I continued those supplements and added exercise as soon as I was no longer disabled. Lost a lot of weight while still stuck in a chair and lost more and toughened up when able to be active again.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    A few years ago I was rendered immobile by the result of a misadventure while involved in something semi-dangerous. In short I hurt myself pretty badly. During the convalescence I gained a bit too much weight. Under supervision and with medical advice I took CLA Tonalin, a chromium niacin blend, and garcinia cambogia (Citrimax). The weight gain stopped and most of that weight was lost by the time I could move again. I continued those supplements and added exercise as soon as I was no longer disabled. Lost a lot of weight while still stuck in a chair and lost more and toughened up when able to be active again.
    Cool

anyone else used it?
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    It's been a little over 1 week. I've been taking 5 pills a day which equals to 3.9 mg of pure CLA. The recommended dosage is 3.4 mg.

Definitely lost some fat around my stomach

Gained some muscle on my thighs.

I don't count calories, I just eat normally until I'm full. I have been aiming for low-fat though, I think CLA works better that way, and low-carb doesn't work for me.

I would like to think the CLA is helping but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I've also been taking BCAA's with which I had good results before.

So far so good, I'll probably get another CLA bottle.

I'm 185 now, can't see my abs at all but I like where I am. Would like to get down to 175 by the end of the summer.

Strength has gone to shit though, I used to squat 4 plates, I'd be happy if I can manage 3 now. But it won't be hard to get it back, been here before.
    Last edited by rphlslv; 07-07-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Sorry to bring up an old thread,but any other opinions on this? Anyone take borage oil?

Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    It's been a little over 1 week. I've been taking 5 pills a day which equals to 3.9 mg of pure CLA. The recommended dosage is 3.4 mg.

Definitely lost some fat around my stomach

Gained some muscle on my thighs.

I don't count calories, I just eat normally until I'm full. I have been aiming for low-fat though, I think CLA works better that way, and low-carb doesn't work for me.

I would like to think the CLA is helping but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I've also been taking BCAA's with which I had good results before.

So far so good, I'll probably get another CLA bottle.

I'm 185 now, can't see my abs at all but I like where I am. Would like to get down to 175 by the end of the summer.

Strength has gone to shit though, I used to squat 4 plates, I'd be happy if I can manage 3 now. But it won't be hard to get it back, been here before.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Mark wrote about this, search his blog. He says the pills are a no no
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    You can take it but it's best to get it from some delicious meat! Grass-fed Beef, Swoon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234