Thread: Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^Dr. Gittleman does say this.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I guess for me, the bottom line I keep coming back to is why take a supplement if I can get it from my food? I take D as a replacement for sun exposure. I don't need to take CLA to replace anything missing--I just eat some more grass-fed meat and/or dairy. My belly fat is dropping off nicely.

I realize this may not work for everyone!
    I read that in order to get the amount of CLA equivalent to the recommended 3.4 g/ day you would need to eat 5,000 calories of food containing CLA.

Or maybe just have some kangaroo? http://www.csiro.au/files/mediarelea...angaroofat.htm
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't sound like Dragonfly has a lot of belly fat to lose, though. Even when I weighed 112 damned pounds, I still had a muffin top. grrrrrr.....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I read that in order to get the amount of CLA equivalent to the recommended 3.4 g/ day you would need to eat 5,000 calories of food containing CLA.

Or maybe just have some kangaroo? http://www.csiro.au/files/mediarelea...angaroofat.htm
    Since the CLA supplements apparently contain a different type of CLA (synthesized from sunflower or safflower oil), I don't know if your supposition is accurate. Does Kangaroo taste like chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    It doesn't sound like Dragonfly has a lot of belly fat to lose, though. Even when I weighed 112 damned pounds, I still had a muffin top. grrrrrr.....
    Looks like about 5 pounds left, so no, not much to lose...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Since the CLA supplements apparently contain a different type of CLA (synthesized from sunflower or safflower oil), I don't know if your supposition is accurate. Does Kangaroo taste like chicken?
    No, kangaroo is a red meat with a gamey flavour. Its easy to overcook so it should be served rare. Very lean.

And before anyone gets upset, kangaroos are abundant and need to be culled regularly
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    No, kangaroo is a red meat with a gamey flavour. Its easy to overcook so it should be served rare. Very lean.

And before anyone gets upset, kangaroos are abundant and need to be culled regularly
    Yum! In 2013 I will be visiting Oz, so I'll make sure to add roos to my menu!

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Are there any CLA supplements that are derived from a natural source?
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

eraserheadgirl Guest
    I have decided to do a trial of the Tonalin CLA, starting today. I will do it for 3 weeks and post my findings here. After another poster suggested we look at Dr. Ann Louise's postings on CLA and reading other research, I decided it wouldn't be that risky to try it out. I specifically have belly fat to lose, so we'll see...

eraserheadgirl Guest
    Day 2 of CLA I can report some mild gastrointestinal issues. Nothing too major, though- it's about the same as when I started taking vitamins regularly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast