Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to drink Coconut Milk? page

deadeyenight is offline Junior Member

How to drink Coconut Milk?

Shop Now
    Yes, I realize you open your mouth and pour it in But I'm wondering how much you guys typically drink in a sitting, or in a day, and whether or not you water it down. I just poured the whole can into a cup and started drinking. Although it tastes good, it seemed too thick so I poured water in the rest.

So what's the preferred way to drink this stuff? I realize it'll be different for everyone, but do people typically drink a whole can in a day, or half a can? What's the split between coconut milk and water if you are supposed to water it down?

Thanks!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I don't. I use about half a can a day in a smoothie.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    I use it liberally in coffee and tea as a nondairy creamer. I go through about a can a day. I don't know if that's a healthy amount of TroPO--it could be too much.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    In coffee
    In smoothies with berries and whey protein once in a while.
    Curries

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    I have a 1/4 or a 1/3rd of a cup when I feel like it - I just drink it by itself after a meal, or eat it with berries, but I haven't had it at all in a while. I think I'd like to start using it in curries.

bridgetm is offline Junior Member
    If I drink it straight up, I usually have about a half a cup.

eraserheadgirl Guest
    I like to mix the full fat coconut milk with club soda, or Perrier, and lime juice, stir it up and drink the fizzy, creamy concoction with a straw. If you wanted to be fancy you could add some sweetener like stevia or whey low.
    Last edited by eraserheadgirl; 01-31-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I use it in my smoothies or with blueberries. The only time I drink it straight out of the glass is when I buy a carton of So Delicious coconut milk which is watered down quite a bit so that it has a similar consistency as milk.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I use it in my smoothies or with blueberries.
    Same, and with veggies like chard and even the infrequent sweet potato.

I personally don't drink it straight, though.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Even though I like the taste of coconut, the milk is thick enough that it's hard for me to take. I love a couple of tablespoons in my coffee though! I switched from dairy creamer a few weeks ago, and I love it. Also, I use coconut milk in creamy soups like a yummy carrot ginger one I made a couple weeks ago. Very creamy & yummy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast