Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! page

SamirCM is offline Junior Member

Help!

Shop Now
    I want to try the 30 day challenge. I currently am eating tons of vegetables, nuts, and meats (am part of a meat CSA). I have stopped eating grains and sugars. Is there anything else I should know? I am currently reading his book.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Which 30 day challenge?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I meant completely starting to live a primal lifestyle. I have incorporated many of the aspects of it, but have not gotten the results (for instance I want to drop about 10 pounds but my weight has remained constant).

The 30 day challenge, I don't consider it a challenge but I want to go completely primal and see if there are positive changes in me.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, please do be more specific on what kind of help you are looking for. :-D

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you are headed in the right direction. Make sure you are getting adequate amounts of sleep in a dark room. And eat good quality meats and veggies. Good quality meat/fish will help balance your o3:O6 ratio. Lift heavy things, and sprint once a week as Mark says. And keep reading
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Make sure the nuts are raw (not roasted in oils) and that the meats are fatty cuts, otherwise you'll need to add more fats in the form of coconut oil, butter, olive oil, ghee, etc... If you're not losing weight, maybe try cutting the nuts out for awhile, people tend to overeat them.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

You're right.

I am a former high school runner that has gained a significant amount of weight since graduating from high school, I am getting back into running to lose it. I am 5'7 and weight 184 pounds, that has remained unchanged in the past 2 months even though I feel that I am eating significantly healthier food, though I have been told that I look more fit (and feel more fit).

I did P90X for about 6 weeks and then got burnt out from it, I think it helps build a good starting-base and plan to start Lift Heavy Things, but aside from that I run and walk my dog and have started swimming twice a week for exercise.

For nutrition, I am currently eating either a protein shake or scrambled eggs for breakfast. I do not drink coffee but drink tea. Lunch is usually homemade chili- with meat from my meat CSA (so organic, grass-fed, ect.). I make a green smoothie each day (water, apple, banana, and mix of Ultimate Life). Dinner is the part part because I live with my parents, they usually make taal (lentil based dish). I don't eat it with rice or bread.

As you can say, I feel that I am doing all the right things, but want to drop at least 5 pounds, 10 would be ideal. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the scale. If people are telling you that you look more fit, you are. Start taking measurements instead. If you want to lose the weight fairly quickly, it might help to drop the fruit, or switch to berries instead of the banana and apple. I'd also suggest you start making your own dinner if you really want to be primal.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting hungry? I'm seeing fat in there, but not a whole lot. I put coconut milk (and lemon fish oil) in my green smoothie to up the fat and make it stick with me longer.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I read your post, immediately Googled "meat csa" and found one in my hood. So thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast