Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going through the checkout :) page

Beastman is offline Senior Member

Going through the checkout :)

Shop Now
    So I went grocery shopping this weekend. I get all my goodies and put them on the belt. Then I'm standing there going over what I'm buying, mouth watering furiously, and I start noticing people around staring at my pile with that judgemental look like "oh look at him, thinks he's mister organic". All I could do was grin proudly back at them. Anybody else feel a strange sense of pride when they judge what you buy for food?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I know I do. I'm a fat guy (one month on primal) so it is fun watching people stare at all my vegetables and real food (ie meat) instead of bags of chips, frozen crap, and baked goods. I was at the store on Saturday and the woman behind me and the cashier were both asking me questions about all the vegetables I was buying. I had no idea buying vegetables was such a good way to meet women. If only I had known this back in the days of my youth.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Every time I buy veggies at the grocery store (which is not often, I normally buy them at farm stands and markets) I try to get at least one in there that makes the cashier dive for the code book or ask "what is that?"

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't get looks, or i don't notice. LOL

most people are incredulous about the bacon.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I used to. I think its normal at first. Eventually the novelty wears off.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Every time I buy veggies at the grocery store (which is not often, I normally buy them at farm stands and markets) I try to get at least one in there that makes the cashier dive for the code book or ask "what is that?"
    That's every time I go to the store. "That's ginger, right?" "Are those habaneros?" "I didn't know we sold these."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I have a hard time not looking at what other people are buying and thinking "how can they eat that crap?!"

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    I have a hard time not looking at what other people are buying and thinking "how can they eat that crap?!"

So do I!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I know I do. I'm a fat guy (one month on primal) so it is fun watching people stare at all my vegetables and real food (ie meat) instead of bags of chips, frozen crap, and baked goods. I was at the store on Saturday and the woman behind me and the cashier were both asking me questions about all the vegetables I was buying. I had no idea buying vegetables was such a good way to meet women. If only I had known this back in the days of my youth.
    Guys who cook are really appealing to women. It's a secret.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I hate when the cashier (or anyone really) notices what I'm buying and says stuff like "whooo's cooking toniiight?!" or.."looks like sooomeone's making breakfast!"(in the case of bacon)... ... its like srsly.... just because I'm buying veggies or bacon or what have you doesn't mean that it is out of the ordinary for me to be cooking... ...wtf are they implying anyway... really... /rant... :-P...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast