Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poor Results with a Primal Diet? page 3

walkingbird is offline Member
    Shop Now
    If you aren't pregnant then the issue might be in the way you cook things. I hope you aren't eating them raw, which makes a lot of people bloat up. I also noticed that you are not eating any tubers or squashes, I suggest adding in some of those. You might be needing more soluble fiber and not enzymes or probiotics. Those you aren't supposed to eat every day.

Definitely try yogurt/cream cheese/greek cheeses.

Also, if you are 17 you might still be under hormonal havoc. Are you on the pill?
    By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    How much coconut milk are you having at one time. Coconut milk bloats me out if I have more than a 6oz serving.
    I had this problem when I first started. I had too much coconut and became bloated and gassy. I don't bother with it anymore.

By the way, OP, just because you're 17 is no reason you can't be pregnant. Accidents happen.

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    Of the items in your food diary, onions, cherries and coconut milk bloat me even when I take just small amounts. These may not be problem foods for you, of course, but they're worth a look. If it's IBS-esqe gassy bloating, you might also check out the FODMAPs list of foods to see if you could be reacting to those.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    Definitely not pregnant, I'm 17.
    I heard one time that some teenager somewhere got pregnant. Don't quote me on that, though.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    I get sick if I have too much meat but feel better with less than 50g carbs so I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to up my fat like everyone says.
    I was eating 30% protein, went down to about 25 and still felt sick so I think that i need no more than 20%. It's hard to get my head around this new way of eating but after many months I've come to the conclusion I'm a 20% protein, 15% carb, and 65% fat kind of girl:-) Who knows though, maybe I'll up the fat even more!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Hmm not just me who's iffy with coconut milk then. I ate some again last night and felt so nauseous I went to bed with a bucket next to me just in case!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

walkingbird is offline Member
    Hmm not just me who's iffy with coconut milk then. I ate some again last night and felt so nauseous I went to bed with a bucket next to me just in case!
    Was it pre-packaged milk? If it was, who knows what they put in it to homogenize it. I never tried coconut milk, only water, and to be honest I'm fine with hazelnut milk. That one's delicious.
    By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I don't have anything to add, but I have a question: What is Nola (other than New Orleans)?

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I don't have anything to add, but I have a question: What is Nola (other than New Orleans)?
    http://girlgoneprimal.blogspot.com/2...ola-final.html
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    By the way, OP, just because you're 17 is no reason you can't be pregnant. Accidents happen.
    Unless she tripped and landed on a penis it is not an accident but poor planning. Also, I am sure "I am 17" is the easiest way for the OP to say she is not pregnant without going into personal details on a public forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast