Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sugar alcohol? page

b4ds33d is offline Member

sugar alcohol?

Shop Now
    i was looking into getting some protein bars and having a hard time finding some that aren't stocked with carbs. do sugar alcohols count?

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I would stay away from protein bars and sugar alcohol... too processed and too many chemicals

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Eat one and you'll know it's not real food. A very weird, non-food texture, strange odor, and massive gas attack for a few hours!

b4ds33d is offline Member
    there is a brand of protein bar that only has about 8 ingredients, so the too many chemicals aspect is a moot point. and yes, i know they aren't "real food" but it's the best i can do sometimes with my "real schedule." i often, ok never, get meal breaks at work. so it's protein bar or nothing. i wasn't really looking for a discussion on the validity of protein bars as a viable food source, just had a question about sugar alcohols.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    I'd rather eat a couple strips of pre-cooked bacon (cook it at home, bring it to work) than 1 protein bar.
    Last edited by lizzychan5; 01-31-2011 at 02:45 PM.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    I'd rather eat a couple of strips of pre-cooked bacon (cook it at home, bring it to work) than 1 protein bar.
    We have a fridge for the employees in the break room here, so I just keep some hard boiled eggs for when I need something quick.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    What's the protein source in your 8-ingredient protein bar? It's usually soy, which I think is more of a concern than sugar alcohols.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

interzone is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    What's the protein source in your 8-ingredient protein bar? It's usually soy, which I think is more of a concern than sugar alcohols.
    Pure bars use rice protein and only have a few ingredients each.

The chocolate brownie is absolutely delicious. Too bad they don't go on sale very often.

FlyNavy is offline Member
    You might try Atkins bars or Carb Rite bars...I have to warn you though that the Carb Rite bars taste like crap.

One other idea is to fill way up on fats at breakfast, knowing that you'll be fasting throughout the day.

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    or kind bars or lara bars, though they do have a solid bit of sugar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast