Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight with CW Farmer... page

kmacphee is offline Senior Member

Fight with CW Farmer...

Somehow I have been sucked into the vortex of an intellectual argument with one of my wife's cousins who happens to be the wife of a grain and cattle farmer. She is telling me that my belief of eating grass fed beef, pastured chickens is a large dose of propaganda, which is not healthy for me and my family!!

I told her to provide me with the logical reasons why eating grass fed beef and pastured chickens is bad for my health, as well as propaganda...

I should also have a healthy list of literature supporting my side, and would like some help. I can provide her with loads of information, but I am more interested in specific research studies rather than book written based on opinion.

Any help is appreciated..

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Will any of these help?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

aktres is offline Senior Member
    My favorite greenmarket vendor has some links:

http://www.grazinangusacres.com/6.html

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I can't figure how eating grass fed beef and pastured chickens could be bad for your health. Bad for your wallet, maybe!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    This should be a fairly easy argument to "win" especially if the threshold is to show that eating pastured meat isn't unhealthy (as compared to grain fed). However depending on your family situation you might need a bit of caution as this is more about a way of life for the cousin's family than just an intellectual argument about health.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Just tell her it tastes better. Done.

Gordo

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    How about telling her it's none of her f'ing business? This isn't a argument you're going to win. This person has a livelyhood at stake and you're never going to get them to say uncle.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I can see her saying that the grass fed argument is a lot of hype, a waste of money or what have you but to suggest that it is unhealthy is just crazy talk. She sounds threatened and defensive and for the sake of peace in the family I would let it go.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    You are in effect threatening her livelihood AND telling her that she is a purveyor of poison. This is family. Let it go.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

handgallop is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can understand some arguments against "organic" meat - as I believe it is best for animal welfare to treat animals with drugs when appropriate for their health (which often means the animal no longer qualifies for the "organic" label) - but I'm not sure how anyone could argue grass fed beef or free ranging chicken could be "bad" for you.

There are some legit economic reasons for farmers to not go that way, for sure, but I don't see any real downside to the consumer outside of price.

But as others have said - this is family, and their livelihood you're talking about. Not sure it's really worth arguing beyond the fact that you, personally, prefer it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast