Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fight with CW Farmer... page 2

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Have her read "The Vegetarian Myth".
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    I completely agree with all of you with regards to her being defensive, and that this is a 'fight' I will never win because of her mode of income. The issue began when I posted on facebook that I am excited to be receiving my grassfed beef and pastured eggs. The post was a general post to promote my friend's farm, and did not mention anything other than that. I have received a few emails from the family member since then and she immediately jumped on the defensive, which in my mind is a sign that I am right and there is no need to battle.

Having said that, I ignored the first few emails, and then she send me a long winded email about the propaganda and that I am hurting her niece and my kids...I would prefer to stay out of is as I know that she is feeling threatened and it is a pointless argument.

Thanks for the comments... and it does taste better.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saw this on eatwild.com:

Grass-fed meats improve fat levels

Eating moderate amounts of grass-fed meat for only 4 weeks will give you healthier levels of essential fats, according to a 2011 study in the British Journal of Nutrition.

The British research showed that healthy volunteers who ate grass-fed meat increased their blood levels of omega-3 fatty acids and decreased their level of pro-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids. These changes are linked with a lower risk of a host of disorders, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, depression, and inflammatory disease.

Interestingly, volunteers who consumed conventional, grain-fed meat ended up with lower levels of omega-3s and higher levels of omega-6s than they had at the beginning of the study, suggesting that eating conventional meat had been detrimental to their health.

British Journal of Nutrition (2011) Red meat from animals offered a grass diet increases plasma and platelet N-3 PUFA in healthy consumers. Volume 105, pages 80-89.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12