Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-Hour Body Weekly Binge page

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

4-Hour Body Weekly Binge

I recently read the Four Hour Body, and reviewed the Slow Carb Diet recommended. Although I plan on continuing eating the PB way; I was intrigued by the one day a week anything goes binge. So, I tried it this past Saturday, which worked out perfectly because I had a birthday party. I ate buckwheat pancakes smothered in butter and honey, biscuits and gravy and drank several beers that evening. I was pretty stuffed. Anyway, I want to see how things go doing this for the next several weeks. I will allow my one day to be a free for all. The rest of the week I stay strictly primal. According to the book, I should not gain weight, and in fact, might even lose some fat. We shall see.

runningwild is offline Senior Member
    I had a 'binge day' on saturday as had a friends birthday. I ate anything i wanted to and then felt really uncomfortable for the rest of the day with stomach pain, bloating etc, Not sure i will be doing it again anytime soon!

nax
    nax is offline Member

Off day

I do that mainly to cope easier with the transition to PB and to keep some sanity with any crazy cravings. I have found that I'm still losing fat easy (2.5 lbs last week and I'm at approx 25% body fat). Can't say that I feel great those days and it's mostly one or two meals that I'll have a few non-primal foods. I'll be scaling those back as time progesses. I feel it's a great method for the 80/20, which is more like 90/10 with the off day.

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Depending on your personal metabolism and diet this can either help or hurt you, obviously.

I am someone who can't do your typical "cheat day" or "cheat meal" unless I want to gain 5 lbs of fat, bloat, and water and look 6 months preganant for the next few days. So I'm finding myself cheating less frequently. Or finding smarter "cheats" that don't involve sugar or grains, like primal pizza.

Some people need that cheat to rev their metabolism. I read a lot of gurus' newsletters saying they had a huge cheat day and woke up leaner
    I hope this goes well for you! I'm crossing my fingers that it works out to be the latter case !

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I can't envision myself ever cheating with wheat products. That just doesn't make sense to me. I think it would undo all the progress I've made, and damage the gut.

I cheat one meal per week and had a lot of trouble 'recovering' in the past until last week when I tried IF-ing after my cheat. Last week I IFed for 18 hours and was back on track after that. This week I'll do the same (or maybe just 16 hours this week because 18 was pushing it last week). I also find that eating Primally the rest of the week has taught my body to process the cars in my cheat waaaaaay more efficiently. Before I was primal when I was dieting using CW methods my body would freeze after my cheat and I literally wouldn't "go" for 2-3 days after the cheat meal. Now I go an hour after my cheat meal and again the next morning and I'm back to normal. I absolutely love this change!!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    I can't envision myself ever cheating with wheat products. That just doesn't make sense to me. I think it would undo all the progress I've made, and damage the gut.
    This is what I'd be worried about. I don't know how it applies in people without celiac disease, but the number I've always heard thrown around for celiacs is that it takes 3-6 months for the gut to recover from a single gluten exposure. I won't be doing any cheats with wheat any time soon. Mine tend to involve sushi...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised that I felt just fine afterward and even the next day. I was expecting to feel bloated and/or sluggish, but not at all.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I have been having ice cream on the weekends. I binged on it once and woke up with what felt like a hangover. It was awful. This weekend I ate much less just because I didn't want the hangover again but I still felt like crap. I think I am done with the ice cream cheat or any other sugar cheat. It just isn't worth feeling like crap. It seems like the more I cut out the less that I crave. Beer and grains have been off the list for the past 2 weeks and now I am adding dairy and refined sugars. The best part of all this is that my "allergies" have not acted up for the past year. I am getting off base now but to summarize no crap food binges for me anymore.

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Before I even began PB, I was a sweets-addict with a binge tendency. I've felt fantastic on PB, but will mentally start to crave the treats I used to have. I don't have grains when I have these approved slip-ups, but I do have a sugar overload. I get tired that day, but I feel fine the next. I don't count on this and I don't have any of these treats the day before or day of any type of hard training. It's a battle from WAY back that I deal with daily, but I've never been so strong against it.
    BUT I friggin love the Reese's PB hearts/pumpkins/trees/eggs that they put out for those certain holidays. YUMMM-AAAY.

So once a week or once every so often, I'll give in and then get over it. I'm sure as I live longer in this lifestyle the less this will happen. I'm happy on this path...I haven't even had a beer in I don't know how long. And that's saying something.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast