Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Nilaiha page

nilaiha is offline Member

Primal Journal: Nilaiha

Shop Now
    Alright, I'm a 26 year old graphic designer. I've never really been on top of my diet, though I did dabble with vegetarianism and veganism back in college. That being said, they were never really healthy versions of the diet - even in other meat-abstaining minds. I never really cared about how much of this I was eating, and how much of that I was avoiding. I've never been overweight. Not even close. I have had a very active lifestyle since i was a kid. The same holds true today; Rock climbing tree nights a week, Soccer/Basketball once a week, Weekend hiking/backpacking adventures, and a couple long treks a year. This has lead to an outwardly healthy appearance, though the multiple energy drinks a day and regularly baked cakes may have been a bad sign.

So I guess it's safe to say that I'm not on here for wight loss. More of self-betterment and muscle gain reasons. I've been easing my way in for the last couple of weeks. Haven't had/needed an energy drink in two weeks. Only 1 piece of cake... but hey, it was my girlfriends birthday - had to do it once more, right? I haven't weighed myself in years, but i've been around 175lbs since 5th grade. I doubt I'm far from that mark. So yeah, this is me:

6'1" around 175lbs.

So I guess I'll try and do this... I'm awful at any sort of journaling/blogging, but we'll see what happens.

Breakfast:
    This is going to be the tough one. I never have enough time in the morning to make a proper meal(something i have to work on), so this is what I could grab:

1 Muscle Milk Shake
    1 apple
    3 stalks celery
    1 hard boiled egg
    1 banana
    all organic, save for the shake.

Lunch:
    Big Ass Salad with salami, roast beef, turkey, ham, 2 eggs, spinach, celery, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers. No dressing.

Dinner:
    Venison steaks. Not sure about the sides yet.

Rock Climbing

Decided to go with a salad and green beens for the sides. The steaks were awesome. I love being able to trade manual labor for fresh venison. Don't know about the green beens though... are those technically veggies or legumes? They were good regardless.

B: Muscle Milk, Banana, Apple, HB Egg.
    L: BA Salad - spinach, mixed greeens, carrots, celery, egg, chicken, avocado, leftover green beens, tomatoes, cucumber... i think that's it....
    D: Brussel Sprout concoction the gf is making... not sure whats all in it.

Tonights activities include:
    Max reps / 3 sets of:
    30sec incline pushups
    30sec bodyweight squats
    30 sec front plank
    30 sec supermans
    30 sec side plank (one side)
    30 sec pullups
    30 sec side plank (other side)

oh yeah, most likely a metric ton of shoveling....

yesterday was a loooooong day. They didn't get my apartment complex plowed out till after 11pm, so i was pretty stranded. Snow drifts straight up to the roof of my garage. Didn't get to go climbing, but did get about 2 hours of shoveling in. Then took a 2 hour walk through waist deep snow. Talk about moving slow... Hardcore cabin fever by the end of the day. Back to work today though, so i suppose thats good.

Yesterday's Meals:

B: Scrambler w/ 4 eggs, onion, green and red pepper, ham, uncured hot dogs, broccoli, avocado, and celery - all organic. I wish i had time to make that every day.

L: Salad, same as the day before

D: Brussel Sprout Stri Fry w/ Brussel Sprouts, almonds, onions, and stock -- surprisingly good considering it's simplicity.

Snack/Desert: Macadamia Nuts and a Chocolate Muscle Milk.

Today's Menu:

B: 2 HB Eggs, carrots, apple, muscle milk.

L: Not sure yet, Most likely more salad

D: Spaghetti Squash w/ tomato sauce, onion, red/green pepper, broccoli, carrots, celery, and ground venison.

I have a handful of dark chocolate almonds that i'll probably snack on later too. As far as fitness, I'll make up some sort of circuit later. It'll most likely include wall squats, bodyweight squats, incline push-ups, and pullups. May throw something else in there too. Climbing tomorrow!

I had a beer last night... There was a company-wide meeting - something like a state of the union for the company. It ended with all of us getting a drink of choice from the bar. Oh well. I decided to try the WOW from a few weeks ago when i got home. The easy as 1-2-3 challenge. I'm definitely not used to pushing myself that hard for such a long period, but it felt great when i finished. Not sure how many sets i did though - not that i think it really matters. Can't wait to get to the climbing gym tonight.

B: Muscle milk and 2 HB eggs
    L: The last of my salad and some leftover brussel sprout stir-fry
    D: Not sure yet... need to go shopping after climbing

Still have some almonds, and almost bought a green and blacks dark chocolate bar on the way in. Decided to skip it, so hopefully I won't feel completely famished later today...

See? I told you i was awful at these things.

Foods been pretty clean though, I promise. Fitness too, though i was laid out for a couple days because everyone i knew was sick with the swine flu, and therefor I got it too. Bummer.

Yesterday's Foods:
    B: Muscle Milk, Two HB Eggs
    L: Chipotle Steak Burrito Bowl- no rice/beans, +fajitas vegies, +guac, +lettuce
    D: Ribeye Steak the size of my face, mashed cauliflower, grilled asparigus

Today:
    B: same as yesterday
    L: Not sure, but I'm scared because work is providing it for me :/
    D: venison spaghetti squash thing with as many veggies as i can throw at it.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Sounds like you are doing well. Good luck on primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

wow... had a doughnut today (i know... ) and it just basically laid me out. I can't remember being this tired at work ever... That'll most likely be the last time i have one of those though. I don't want to go through this again.

On the plus side, i got pulled off desk work/graphic design to help out with a bunch of manual labor. They like to do that here, because everyone thinks that i am in the best shape at my work. So i got to spend 3 hours loading a truck with several thousand pounds of nonmetal conduit. I always have loved manual labor jobs, I just can't see myself enjoying it for more than a few weeks. Definitely not the career of choice for me.

Today's Eats:
    B:Protein Shake and two HB Eggs
    Snack: Dastardly Doughnut...
    L: BAS and a plate full of roast beef
    D: Tacos... sans-shell and cheese.

Mapping out a sandbag workout for tonight in my head. I'm hoping it'll be pretty brutal.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nilaiha View Post
    They like to do that here, because everyone thinks that i am in the best shape at my work. .
    That is not a bad thing to be at all.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That is not a bad thing to be at all.
    agreed, but if you were to see my coworkers....
    lets just say it doesn't take a whole lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast