Thread: Talking point cards page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Talking point cards

Primal Fuel
    It would be great to have a set of index cards on every issue that cw folks might raise. Not to read off of when talking to them, of course. Just to have and semi-memorize.

Since I suggested it, i suppose that means I should do it. But it just isn't my strength.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I call my way of living by somthing other than "primal" or "paleo" and that gets people more into what I'm saying and less into putting my lifestyle in a box and defining it for themselves based on limited knowledge and preconceived notions. I usaully open the conversation with this:

I lead a metabolically efficient lifestyle and here's how it works.....

Metabolic Efficiency - Nutrition & Lifestyle Elevator Pitch (borrowed heavily from the whole30 folks)

I eat “real” food – fresh, natural food like meat, vegetables and fruit. I choose foods that are nutrient dense, with lots of naturally-occurring vitamins and minerals, over foods that have more calories but less nutrition. I have chosen to refrain from eating cultivated grains or foods that promote inflammation or rapid insulin production by my body. The quality of the foods that go into my body is important – I’m careful about where my meat comes from, and buy my meats and produce locally and organically as often as possible. When necessary, I will use high quality supplements to ensure I am meeting the needs of my body.

I am not on a calorie restriction “diet” – I eat as much as I need to maintain strength, energy and a healthy weight. My diet is probably much higher in fat than you’d imagine. Fat isn’t the enemy – it’s a great energy source when it comes from high quality foods like avocado, coconut and nuts. And I’m not trying to do a “low carb” thing, but since I’m eating vegetables and fruits instead of bread, cereal and pasta, it just happens to work out that way.
    Eating like this is good for maintaining a healthy metabolism and reducing inflammation within my body.

I'm very pleased by my energy levels while eating this way. I don't have dramatic blood sugar highs and lows or the dreaded 2:00pm "slump". My body composition and performance in the gym and on the playing field are showing steady improvement. My chosen diet and lifestyle also helps to minimize my risk for a whole host of chronic diseases and conditions like diabetes, heart attack and stroke.

I spend quality time exercising at a moderately low % of my maximum capacity. Not a day goes by without doing something to promote good form and proper balance between strength and efficiency. By doing this I am teaching my body to rely on fat stores more and carbohydrates less. I periodically exercise in short bursts of very high intensity to promote muscle strength and development. I lift heavy things a few times a week too.
    Last edited by Karma; 02-01-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Excellent! I love it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Tee
    Tee is online now Senior Member
    Very good Karma.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I printed out business card size slips of paper that say, "Learn about the Primal way of life at marksdailyapple.com"

I just tell them the basics - no grains no sugar. If they are really interested I send them here.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67