I am starting at midnight tonight.
I'm in. DiabetesCanKissMyButt is in. I think sf40 as well. Anyone else want to join? Post your meals here to share...(read: J needs more ideas for food!) Share your exercises. Come join us.
Eat real food – meat, fish, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re natural and unprocessed.
More importantly, here’s what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.
- Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in all kinds of ways.
- Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, pre-packaged snacks/meals, protein bars, milk substitutes, etc.
- Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
- Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, millet, oats, corn, rice, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. (Yes, we said corn!) This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans (black, kidney, lima, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts or peanut butter. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
- Do not eat dairy. This includes all cow, goat or sheep’s milk, cream, butter, cheese, yogurt, whey, ice cream, etc.
- Do not eat white potatoes. It’s arbitrary, but they are carbohydrate-dense and nutrient poor, and also a nightshade.
- Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying” less-than-healthy recipes – no “Paleo” pancakes, “Paleo” pizza, “Paleo” fudge or “Paleo” ice cream. Don’t mimic poor food choices during your Whole30 program!
One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale for the duration of your Whole30 program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus only on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic (and lifelong) benefits this plan has to offer. Give yourself a well-deserved, long overdue break from fixating on that number on the scale! Absolutely NO weighing yourself or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30.
I am starting at midnight tonight.
I've been on board for two days now. Geesh, no measurements. Ok.....
"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
My Primal Battle Tome
I'm in for another 30DONN at any rate. I'm tweaking some different things and going full on Whole30 isn't quite where I want to go. My January ends on the 6th of Feb (and thats my birthday! so there will probably be some less healthful food choices to be eaten...). Then I'm ready to go again. y thoughts are to ditch dairy entirely (I've been continuing to do a bit of heavy cream in my coffee) and play with some VLC and/or IF. Just some experimenting to be done. But I'm in for February fun!
I've just finished my 4th day of 30 DONN.
While it's really close to Whole 30, I can't call it Whole 30 because I’m going to have limited amounts of butter, where it can’t be avoided. I’m being practical here, my family’s not going Whole 30, and they don’t care for things fried with coconut oil, or bacon drippings on their veggies, and I’m not making two versions - and half the time I'm not the cook.
"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
"Moderation sucks." Suse
"Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
"Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield
I'm not giving up my butter. it's not used daily and when it is used, its used sparingly. The rest of it...I'm tossing. As soon as midnight gets here.
Yep, I'm in.
Giving up butter will be hard. However, I think I need to be strict with this. Making exceptions got me into trouble with primal. We steam and grill a lot of vegetables and add butter for eating, so I'll just have to experiment with other fats. Hubby can still add butter.
Just finished my last meal with butter for 30 days. A left over chicken and vegetable soup with lots of butter. Will start Whole 30 when I wake up tomorrow morning.
I was just given a gallon of raw goat milk, so I'm going to be making yogurt out of this precious treasure, but... other than that I'm in. If that renders me void, so be it. I will not waste such a lovely thing!
one exception - i have coconut milk in my tea. if that disqualifies me so be it ...
and i reserve the right to have a glass of wine at a planned paleo dinner... if that disqualifies me so be it.
and yes i too dislike people who say "im in but" however those are my caveats and if that diswqualifies me so be it !