Primal Fuel
    My First day post 30 DONN:

Food

L – Salad & Lindt 85% square, a coconut heart
    S – a coconut heart
    D – Chinese food, blender drinks and white wine
    S – more Chinese food, a coconut heart and a few macadamia nuts

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I think I did OK. I didn’t go crazy on my 1st day post 30 DONN.

I had two 16 oz Blender drinks (Malibu rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, a banana) then I drank of a bottle of white wine.

It felt wonderfully relaxing to eat the Chinese food without stressing if there might be cornstarch or flour in the sauces. I did not eat the battered chicken balls or shrimp. I only had a teaspoon of the pork fried rice (to taste it) I stuck to the stir frys (the chow mien and the beef with mushrooms, etc). I did have an egg roll (but I didn’t put the plum sauce on it).

I had a small amount of gas later in the evening, but no bloating or strong reactions. I slept very well (even in a strange bed with 2 other women)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    i think that's something i've held on to as well. i ate out yesterday and made conscious decision to eat that brownie. and drink the wine. conscious.

but if i go out to eat now, i'm learning to make right choices. i didn't order the fried shrimp. i steered from the battered stuffs. and i'm glad. i realize that by eating foods not coated in breading that i have more room for the good foods. and i can actually taste the foods. if we go somewhere to eat and i want something, sure, i'll think about what's in it. and i'll make smart choices. but i can't stress about the cornstarch or thickening agent they may have used.

i just like my food with spices. can i make a spice crust...? lol

still reeling over how freakin' awesome that wine was. wowowowowowowo.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    jr, name of the wine, please!!!!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    Everyone did fabulous this month! and great job, J, for sticking to it. I would like to know the name of that wine too....

I did well for the first 2 weeks and then started back in with the dairy and dark chocolate. I feel like I'm back on track from the crappy holiday eating though so that was the main goal.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Awesome wine
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to everyone who went the entire 30 days! I know some were doing strict Whole 30 and others doing modified versions of a challenge. Great job to all!

Quote Originally Posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
    I did well for the first 2 weeks and then started back in with the dairy and dark chocolate. I feel like I'm back on track from the crappy holiday eating though so that was the main goal.
    I did well until about day 18, when stuff started creeping back in. However, I think I learned more from the last 12 days than the first 18 days. As did Hubby, who was not doing Whole 30 but eats pretty much what I eat. I considered starting another Whole 30-ish for March, but I too think I'm on track and have decided to just be strict PB/PHD instead. Much less stressful. My goal for March is to minimize the 20% and make sure it's worth it (for example, chocolate thunder from down under at Outback Steakhouse was so not worth it; my own homemade ice cream is worth it).

Now that February is history, I'll most likely get back to posting in my journal more frequently.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I was not completely successful, (got on the scale alot, used artificial sweeteners and had a couple of non-primal binges around my period) but...
    I stayed off dairy and that made a huge difference.

Results: In February I lost 7 pounds, 2 inches, Body Fat went from 41.3 to 40.4, BMI went from 36.1 to 35.2.

So for me Dairy is a no no.

Great Job everyone!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Results: In February I lost 7 pounds, 2 inches, Body Fat went from 41.3 to 40.4, BMI went from 36.1 to 35.2.

So for me Dairy is a no no.

Great Job everyone!
    Wow!!!
    I'd call that a success!!!

Both the loss and the knowledge gained.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Deo
    Deo is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for posting your results Pebbles. Starting W30 for March and find this very motivating....well done you! : )

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast