Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: February Whole 30 page 3

denise is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm in! Day 10 already for me so i hope thats ok but I could do with the support. I'm "full on". No dairy no ......... anything they say "no" to. Its been harder than I expected to give up dairy, but the pangs are manageable really. Also doing no nightshades, if I'm going strict i might as well go "the whole 30" I guess. So for me no interpretations as I can soon manage to fit in basically every potential problem food I have

I HAVE had a tiny amount of bacon (to flavour a dish and before I thought "should I") and as its the only one I could get here. It does have nitrates in. Not a "cheat" though surely?? If it is - then I'm back to Day one I guess?? Anyone know??

BTW someone mentioned coconut milk - fine if its free of "baddies", which the tin I found was.

Onwards!!!!

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    JR, the sausage I was referring to is made by HEB. No sugar (that I can tell), and nothing I can't identify. It's the meat we use in our spag sauce.
    i may have to run to heb for that instead of sprouts. i love my sausage and it's a good way for me to get fat in. we eat a lot of grass fed beef which is lower in fat.
    coool!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I'd never heard of 30DONN-- I love it!!! Definitely usable.

I only buy in-house sausage from Whole Foods and only ever every if it has no sugar of any kind added and no creepy oils. I got an AAAAMAAAAZING sundried tomato chicken sausage and made soup with it from homemade stock... oh boy... made me weak in the knees.

Just FYI-- I say this a dozen times a day at work... eggs come from chickens and are not dairy!!! I am in no way picking on your naiadknight-- you know I lovya-- but I'm just putting that out there in text for those who stumble in here from elsewhere. I get it a lot... every day.

them: "I'm allergic to dairy!" Me: "Oh here, this is dairy free." them: "AAH!!! NOITHASEGGSINIT!!!"

Little Saiyan

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    i may have to run to heb for that instead of sprouts. i love my sausage and it's a good way for me to get fat in. we eat a lot of grass fed beef which is lower in fat.
    coool!
    Yeah. I may need to reread the packaging again, in case they've changed it, but they make it in house (well, in my case they make it in the Midland one and ship it over.) It's the mild Italian sausage one. It has less crap in it than the name brand they have sitting right beside it and it's half the price AND it tastes better. No competition.
    If it does have sugar, I may need to dig that pork butt and salt pork out of the freezer and make my own.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    I'd never heard of 30DONN-- I love it!!! Definitely usable.

I only buy in-house sausage from Whole Foods and only ever every if it has no sugar of any kind added and no creepy oils. I got an AAAAMAAAAZING sundried tomato chicken sausage and made soup with it from homemade stock... oh boy... made me weak in the knees.

Just FYI-- I say this a dozen times a day at work... eggs come from chickens and are not dairy!!! I am in no way picking on your naiadknight-- you know I lovya-- but I'm just putting that out there in text for those who stumble in here from elsewhere. I get it a lot... every day.

them: "I'm allergic to dairy!" Me: "Oh here, this is dairy free." them: "AAH!!! NOITHASEGGSINIT!!!"

I know this. I only put that in BECAUSE of folks like that. If eggs are dairy, so is honey (technical definition of dairy is an edible animal product that the animal doesn't have to die to create (well, that's my way of phrasing it.))
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Good morning! Well, I am just starting my first day of Whole 30. It should be an adventure. I don't think I've ever been so strict regarding food, but I think it's what I need.

Planned food today is good; hope I can stick to it. Breakfast was a chopped tomato cooked in coconut oil until nice and soft and browned. Then I added a large handful of greens (don't know what kind, came in the CSA box) and cooked until wilted. Then beat three eggs with a fork and added to the pan. I also added salt and pepper to taste and cooked till done. Yummy. This is actually a quick breakfast and one of my frequent meals, but I usually use butter and add cheese. Didn't really miss the cheese, though the coconut oil is not quite as tasty as the butter.

Lunch is a very large salad with lots of greens, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, an avocado, hard-cooked egg, chicken, and olive oil salad dressing. Oh, I just realized the dressing has a bit of honey ... guess I better scrap that and take just a bottle of olive oil and some vinegar instead. I packed snacks in case I need them, being the first day and all: macadamia nuts, a small mandarin orange, and a Lara bar (not ideal, but there is no added sugar).

No planned exercise today, though I will probably walk at lunch. I did a body-weight workout last night and plan to do another on Tuesday night.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk/cream isn't actually dairy, is it? Ya'll are confusing me :?

I'm in for the DONN. I wasn't as strict in my January whatever-I-was-doing as I had been the months before! I was definitely letting dairy creep back in, and not in a good way. E.g., I had some absolutely awful (overprocessed and artificially sweetened) yogurt with the worst excuse in the world, "to get it out of my fridge". Ugh. I also finished up some evaporated milk I had opened for a friend's coffee, you know, so it "wouldn't go bad".

I'm blaming these and other inattentive decisions for my weight loss stall (I know, I know, but I have to track somehow). Clothes-size-wise things are seeming to continue to improve a little, gradually. But a focused February (short month LOL) will be very good for me.

I've been keeping green tea in the rotation, about 4 cups a week, but I'll cut that out, along with the yogurt and other dairy. I prefer coconut stuff to butter (except for frying eggs, but I can cope), so that's no hardship. Everything else I'm already doing I think, so for February the goal is to be SUPER CLEAN every single day.

I think I'll try mainly meat and non-starchy veg.

Not stepping on the scales for a month will be my biggest challenge!

And I have to get in a routine of doing the five movements (to my pitiful best) every day, too.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachrat View Post
    Coconut milk/cream isn't actually dairy, is it? Ya'll are confusing me :?

I'm in for the DONN. I wasn't as strict in my January whatever-I-was-doing as I had been the months before! I was definitely letting dairy creep back in, and not in a good way. E.g., I had some absolutely awful (overprocessed and artificially sweetened) yogurt with the worst excuse in the world, "to get it out of my fridge". Ugh. I also finished up some evaporated milk I had opened for a friend's coffee, you know, so it "wouldn't go bad".

I'm blaming these and other inattentive decisions for my weight loss stall (I know, I know, but I have to track somehow). Clothes-size-wise things are seeming to continue to improve a little, gradually. But a focused February (short month LOL) will be very good for me.

I've been keeping green tea in the rotation, about 4 cups a week, but I'll cut that out, along with the yogurt and other dairy. I prefer coconut stuff to butter (except for frying eggs, but I can cope), so that's no hardship. Everything else I'm already doing I think, so for February the goal is to be SUPER CLEAN every single day.

I think I'll try mainly meat and non-starchy veg.

Not stepping on the scales for a month will be my biggest challenge!

And I have to get in a routine of doing the five movements (to my pitiful best) every day, too.
    coconut is not dairy - its from a nut
    green tea is also still ok - unless you meant you have it with milk??
    not getting on a scale is liberating now - but the first few weeks were TORTURE!

Zero is offline Member
    I'm gonna start tomorrow, curious to see if cutting out dairy will make a difference. Will be cutting out nuts and seeds too.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! thanks for starting this, J !!

Vittles for today (warning- I eat alot of eggs):
    B-Egg/canadian bacon/green onion scramble with salsa
    L-Eggs and bacon with butter lettuce, dill pickles, banana
    D-Chili
    Snacks- unknown yet

Exercise: I have a cast on my arm right now so my exercise is gonna be mainly walking

Rock on!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast