Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: February Whole 30 page 2

Loco Moco is offline Member
    although i've dabbled in PB for months (and months and months...) i've never been able to commit to it 100% so...i'm in. my only exception is dairy, because i rely on butter, cream and full-fat yogurt waaay too much to be able to cut it out of my diet (at least right now).

Loco Moco is offline Member
    oh, and re: potatoes...

i understand cutting them out because they're starchy/fairly nutrient-poor, but because they're a nightshade...? so do we have to cut out ALL nightshades for 30donn??

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Welcome folks and thanks to Mark's encouragement to find what works for you, what you do is up to you!

This isn't really a 30DONN though it worked well for Iniquity. But I guess you can call it what you want!

On board since midnight. Due to amt of crap I ate this weekend, going for a fast as long as I can. When I come off that, I have 2 boiled eggs, bacon, and some homemade spicy beefs. For b-fast. Got a salad w/tuna for lunch time.

I am adding caffeine to my list as I am dependent on it to get moving in the AM.

Exercise today will be long slow walking. A 5 mile trail run/walk yesterday has my lower body complaining very loudly.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    I'm in !
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    This isn't really a 30DONN though it worked well for Iniquity. But I guess you can call it what you want!
    No sarcasm: I love seeing folks use the name 30DONN. (“30 days of no nonsense”)

Clarification: I chose the name 30DONN because I originally thought I was NOT going to follow whole30 as per their specifications (I thought I would weigh myself) AND also because at the time there was a lot of nonsense in my life so the name was fitting. However, I did a whole30 but kept my name because I liked it better. People can do what they want I don’t mind the 30DONN name evolving into “going to be strict with myself for 30 days, but I’m allowing certain foods that whole30 does not” I think that’s fine if you’re just trying to get into a rhythm and make good habits. If you’re trying to find out if you’re sensitive to X or Y it’s best to do a whole30.

Have fun with it people!

cmw45 is offline Member
    I'm in

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    No sarcasm: I love seeing folks use the name 30DONN. (“30 days of no nonsense”)

Clarification: I chose the name 30DONN because I originally thought I was NOT going to follow whole30 as per their specifications (I thought I would weigh myself) AND also because at the time there was a lot of nonsense in my life so the name was fitting. However, I did a whole30 but kept my name because I liked it better. People can do what they want I don’t mind the 30DONN name evolving into “going to be strict with myself for 30 days, but I’m allowing certain foods that whole30 does not” I think that’s fine if you’re just trying to get into a rhythm and make good habits. If you’re trying to find out if you’re sensitive to X or Y it’s best to do a whole30.

Have fun with it people!
    IniQuity,
    Thank you for coming up with the name 30 donn
    I'm using it this month.
    To me it helps define my goals, set my "rhythm and make good habits".
    (I wanted to do Whole 30, but I knew that some butter would find its way into my food this month because my Farmer cooks over half of our meals, so I didn't feel right calling it Whole 30.)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My Whole(ish) 30:
    1) No grains. No exceptions. Check restaurants before going.
    2) No legumes. Greens beans and kin are allowed. No peanuts at Roadhouse, either.
    3) No added sugar. In any form. Read labels, check restaurant nutrition facts.
    4) No dairy. This includes dairy of any animal in any form. No cheese (whimper.) Eggs allowed.
    5)No processed foods (exceptions: Primal spice blends, sun dried tomatos with nothing else added, canned tomato product with nothing added, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, brown mustard, Primal Dressing.)
    6)No alcohol, except red wine no more than once a month (at Officemate's place), and HOMEMADE strawberry 'rita (Frozen strawberry puree, meet Mr. Tequila) in case of MAJOR celebration or MAJOR wound licking (still no more than once for each case each month).
    7)No white potatos. Sweet potatos ok. (You can't make me give up my peppers or tomatos)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My Whole(ish) 30:

5)No processed foods (exceptions: Primal spice blends, sun dried tomatos with nothing else added, canned tomato product with nothing added, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, brown mustard, Primal Dressing.)
    i had to put back some of my favorite 'fresh' sausage at sprouts yesterday...it has fruit sugar and sugar listed out on the label. i did a double check. got ground pork instead and will add my own sage, salt, peppers, etc. was pretty disappointed in that.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    JR, the sausage I was referring to is made by HEB. No sugar (that I can tell), and nothing I can't identify. It's the meat we use in our spag sauce.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast